Event Sequencing in an Event Subscribing mechanism

nir.w...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2021, 5:55:55 PM8/29/21
to DDD/CQRS
I am trying to implement event subscription mechanism for my projections.

To do so, my subscriber invoked for every change in the database - That is the indication for my subscriber that it is time to fetch the new events from the eventstore.

The implementation would check what was the `last proceed event sequence` and read all of the events with a greater sequence. (Then store the new `last proceed event sequence`)

Unfortunately, it is not trivial to set that `last proceed event sequence` - because many databases don't support an auto increment field.

I know I could use EventStoreDB to solve it, but for technical reasons, I have to use DynamoDB for that task.

How do I solve it? What am I missing?

Chris Richardson

Aug 29, 2021, 6:26:40 PM8/29/21
to ddd...@googlegroups.com
Subscribe to the dynamoDb table's stream?