Integration with external systems during sign-up

radhakris...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2021, 3:10:54 AM7/30/21
to DDD/CQRS
Hello,
           This is probably a unique requirement that I am trying to fit in one or more bounded contexts.
1. New user signs up.
2. This 'sign-up' process interacts with the IDP(identity provider). This is a tech. requirement and we know how to handle this.
3. But before the 'sign-up' process completes we need to connect to a few other services.
4. Those services provide data and accept data before the 'sign-up' finishes.The data
     fetched from these services is used to complete a few stages of 'sign-up'

How does this community generally view this staged approach ? I think it should be driven by events as these events can enable the user to pick up if the flow is broken.
As far as bounded contexts are concerned I am not sure how to design this.
Even though this sign-up process seems to be synchronous there are flows in between
that use API keys and make requests. So it starts as a synchronous flow but encapsulates a few asynchronous call in the middle.

Thanks,
Mohan

Mauro Servienti

Aug 1, 2021, 2:18:41 AM8/1/21
to ddd...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide a more concrete example of the mentioned interaction with those third parties?

Mauro Servienti
Wanna share some thoughts? Just grab a coffee and let's have a chat.

radhakris...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2021, 7:29:59 AM8/5/21
to DDD/CQRS
It is a user registration service. And the interaction between the external services uses API keys(OAuth). This OAuth flow will happen in the service and not
directly from the browser. It is part of the sign-up process.
The flow can be broken while the user 'signs-up'. The user can leave and come back. We have to replay the previous event to the UI and let the user start from there.

Thanks.

Mauro Servienti

Aug 5, 2021, 7:56:55 AM8/5/21
to ddd...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a good fit for a saga (a messages based saga like the one implemented by MassTransit or NServiceBus in the .NET space) that can keep track of the sign up process status.

.m

radhakris...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2021, 1:47:01 AM8/9/21
to DDD/CQRS
Thanks. Even though I can't use MassTransit it has  many ideas related to my story. It will help.