Property Tax - Mar 13

Anil Vohra

Mar 19, 2013, 4:19:35 AM3/19/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Are we required to pay Property Tax before Mar 13 for our flats. If so, how much shd be paid for say HIG flats in Rohini Sec 29.

Regards
Anil

Debabrata Ghosh

Mar 19, 2013, 6:46:52 AM3/19/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Anil,

Property tax is normally payable in advance at the begining of every Financial Year. In our case, the tax for Financial Year 2012-13 will be payable for the period between date of issues of possession letter and March 31, 2013.

How much should be payable can be found by entering property details in MCD online property tax payment option. Alternatively you can get in touch with MCD Zonal Office Rohini at Sector-17.

Thanks,

Anil

Debabrata Ghosh

Phone-91-9891906053

Pankaj Yadav

Mar 19, 2013, 6:52:04 AM3/19/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Even to fill the online form, exact area is required but no where in our CD or any document, the area is mentioned !

regards
-Pankaj

Debabrata Ghosh

Mar 19, 2013, 6:53:50 AM3/19/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
I have spoken with MCD officials. They are telling either you get it measured by an Architect or go by the value mentioned in DDA brochure.

Thanks,

jitendra jain

Mar 19, 2013, 7:31:15 AM3/19/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Pankaj,

do we have to fill this tax also, i do'nt think so. If yes, then how much for molarband flats, as you mentioned, area is not mentioned any where? what is the procedure to fill it.

Rgds,

Jitendra jain

sachin jain

Mar 19, 2013, 10:26:29 AM3/19/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
When i check my registration documents, it mentions Reg. Year as 2013-2014. Do we still need to pay property tax ?

cheers

Sachin Jain
Research Engr

Anil

Mar 20, 2013, 1:35:21 AM3/20/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Debabrata - Thanks for your response. As stated earlier, the problem is coming due to non availability of exact area in our documents.
The value mentioned in DDA brochure states minimum and maximum area. Also covered area is not stated.
Getting it measured by an architect by everyone (since the tax has to be paid by all allottees, i guess) would be a difficult task since the payment date is Mar 31 without penalty.

Regards
Anil

Debabrata Ghosh

Mar 20, 2013, 1:44:45 AM3/20/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Anil,

We all are facing same problem. One possibility could be pay the tax on basis of area approximation. But in that case it would be safer to pay the tax offline (by cheque etc.) Because once you enter property details (area, address etc.) online , you can't change it later online without visiting respective zonal office.

Thanks,

sachin jain

Mar 25, 2013, 12:20:55 AM3/25/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Has any one filed property tax yet for DDA Flat ?

cheers

Sachin Jain
Research Engr

jitendra jain

Mar 25, 2013, 12:27:50 AM3/25/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Jain Saab,

Do we really need to fill the tax?

Sandeep:) again Expert advice required.

Rgds,

Jitendra jain

sachin jain

Mar 25, 2013, 1:10:12 AM3/25/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
hahaha ..
jain saab idea to humein bhi nahi hai
par na bharne ka reason bhi to hona chahiye ?

cheers

Sachin Jain
Research Engr

naren

Mar 25, 2013, 1:53:07 AM3/25/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

If possession was done in Aug-12 then owner still liable to pay full property tax for 2012-13.

As per various comments appr. area as per dda brochure should be used for filling on line tax,

for ex if area as  per dda id 50-55 sq mtr then what should be used for taxable area?

What is the taxable area as per mcd

Covered area or carpet area or Living area etc.

regards,

Naren

jitendra jain

Mar 25, 2013, 2:18:43 AM3/25/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Thanx Naren,

What if I had taken possession in nov-12 ?

Can we ask DDA (at their customer care ) about the exact area & liablitiy of tax in this regard?

Rgds,

Jitendra jain

Sandeep Kumar

Mar 25, 2013, 2:33:34 AM3/25/13
to DDA 2010
Dil kare ya na kare, sarkaari tax to dena hi padega
sabko..............................:)

But you have to pay the tax from the date you took the possession of
the flat and not for whole year.

Also as we don't have details of carpet area, either pay it as per the
area given in DDA brochure or take the measuring tape, measure it
yourself and pay it according to that. This is what I am going to do
this Friday, measure each room, balconies, bathrooms/kitchen and add
all of those to get the area figure and will pay according to that.

Regards
Sandeep

Manu Mewari

Mar 25, 2013, 2:34:48 AM3/25/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
hi sandeep...      :O     we have to pay the tax after taking possession of if conveyance deed is done?

Sandeep Kumar

Mar 25, 2013, 4:00:29 AM3/25/13
to DDA 2010
I came to know it is from physical possession date, rest not 100% sure
on this part.

Regards

Manu Mewari

Mar 25, 2013, 4:55:13 AM3/25/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
:( oh....i was relaxed

Rohit Kumar

Mar 25, 2013, 8:30:23 AM3/25/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would prefer to pay from next year, If DDA feels I should have paid earlier , they will send a notice later and I will pay...

Reason for not paying this year is because it is not live-able ( no electricity/Water).

also use the approx area while paying since we do not have correct measurements, if you have filed wrong area. you will get a letter from DDA to pay as per actual area in which they must mention exact area :)

Regards
Rohit

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM, Manu Mewari <manum...@gmail.com> wrote:
:( oh....i was relaxed

naren

Mar 26, 2013, 1:48:58 AM3/26/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,
It has come to my notice after discussing the tax issue with other allottees of dda flat in the past schemes, mcd used to levied property tax as per allotment date.
but practically it should be after physical possession.

mcd usually issued notice to all the allottees for property tax and asked for confirmation whether they have paid the tax or not, if paid then show the receipts ect.

regards,
Naren

Karamvir

Mar 27, 2013, 5:20:29 AM3/27/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I checked MCD property tax website and from the online form to submit property it looks like this tax should be applicable once the property is registered.

I do not have knowledge of property tax rules, terms, eligibility criteria etc though. Can someone please throw some light ?

Regards,
Karamvir

rachna

Mar 28, 2013, 1:18:25 AM3/28/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com

Tax Payers can contact on the following numbers & E-mail Ids for other queries related to Property tax

City Zone

011-23261725

dya...@mcd.org.in

 North Delhi Municipal Corp.

Civil Lines Zone

011-23970482

dyan...@mcd.org.in

 North Delhi Municipal Corp.

Rohini Zone

011-27573943

dya...@mcd.org.in

 North Delhi Municipal Corp.

Narela Zone

011-27783287

dya...@mcd.org.in

 North Delhi Municipal Corp.

Karol Bagh Zone

011-25726930

dyan...@mcd.org.in

 North Delhi Municipal Corp.

S.P. Zone

011-23670019

dyan...@mcd.org.in

 North Delhi Municipal Corp.

Central Zone

011-29830141

dyan...@mcd.org.in

 South Delhi Municipal Corp.

West Zone

011-25133373

dya...@mcd.org.in

 South Delhi Municipal Corp.

Nagafgarh Zone

011-25331497,25335959

dyan...@mcd.org.in

 South Delhi Municipal Corp.

South Zone

011-26188715

dya...@mcd.org.in

 South Delhi Municipal Corp.

Shahdara South Zone

011-22501117

dyan...@mcd.org.in

 East Delhi Municipal Corp.

Shahdara North Zone

011-22824294

dyan...@mcd.org.in

 East Delhi Municipal Corp.

:

pliwala-dln

Mar 28, 2013, 2:18:26 AM3/28/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
 If we measure area by our-self then it would be carpet area with some approx addition but certainly not the plinth area which is super area as per DDA and based on which we have been charged.
As per my understanding, MCD property tax is also applicable on super area so we need to know the exact super area of flat allotted.
Also in case of garage allotted by DDA, is property tax applicable on that as well. If yes, then again the area of garage is not provided by DDA so we need that as well.
If we self-assess the area of flat and garage then it could be higher or less than the actual super area required for property tax.
In either case, it would be better if we can get a Sarkari paper for this and don't go by the self-assessment.

Debabrata Ghosh

Mar 28, 2013, 2:52:23 AM3/28/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
MCD asks for covered area and not super area. I believe covered area and carpet area are same.

Debabrata Ghosh

Phone-91-9891906053

Sumit Jain

Mar 28, 2013, 3:49:42 AM3/28/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com

I spoke to  MCD person. He said that it is applicable after possession . We have to pay proportionately for the year applicable Apr to March.

Manu Mewari

Mar 28, 2013, 3:51:43 AM3/28/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
you mean registry of flat does not matter. we need to pay after possession

Debabrata Ghosh

Mar 28, 2013, 4:29:00 AM3/28/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
I had spoken with MCD too and the answer was same as mentioned by Sumit.

Debabrata Ghosh

Phone-91-9891906053

RAJAT SARIN

Mar 28, 2013, 8:20:48 AM3/28/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
That is correct PT needs to made after the physical possession is taken
Regards,
Rajat Sarin

Manu Mewari

Mar 28, 2013, 8:32:48 AM3/28/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
rajat how did you calculate the area of your flat?

RAJAT SARIN

Mar 28, 2013, 9:24:44 AM3/28/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
I am yet to pay the tax Manu

I read above there was some confusion regarding

1. What needs to be considered for computation of PT (Covered or Carpet area ) ?
2. What are these ?
3. And most importantly how do we know what it is for our respective flats.

Answer 1 : Covered area
Answer 2 : Covered Area is the ground area covered immediately above the plinth level covered by the building but does not include the space covered by

a. Garden , rockery, well and well structures , plant nursery, waterpool, swimming pool   (if uncovered) , platform around a tree, tank, foundation, bench, chabutra with open top and unenclosed on sides by walls and the like;

b. Drainage culvert, conduit, catch pit, gully pit, chamber, gutter and the like ; and

c.Compound wall, gate, slide , /swing door, canopy and areas covered by chajja or similar projections and staircases  which are uncovered and open atleast on the three sides and also open to sky.

I know it’s quite a mouthful – in a nutshell Covered area is the same as Plinth Area i.e. the entire carpet area along with the thickness of the external walls ( usually 9 inches) of the apartment. It obviously includes the thickness of the internal walls and the columns , if any, lying within the four walls of the apartment.
Answer 3: I can think of 2 ways which are the quickest  - please let me know if anybody's knows more
                a. use the figure mentioned in the Electrical inventory cost sheet - This may be the closest in terms of calculation of the covered   area
                b. call the JE and ask him - no harm in trying

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Manu Mewari <manum...@gmail.com> wrote:
rajat how did you calculate the area of your flat?

Regards,
Rajat Sarin
328.png

Sumit Jain

Mar 28, 2013, 9:59:40 AM3/28/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com

JE is not giving perfect area but only an approx area. Guess he will not give correct area so that we don't get into dispute with DDA . He is suggesting that I hire an approved engineer for getting area calculated. But site engineer has some maps displayed of which you can take a photo and calculate.

328.png

RAJAT SARIN

Mar 29, 2013, 8:00:17 AM3/29/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Sumit

JE's are obligated to provide this information. If your JE refuses you can approach Dy Dir for your respective section and ask him in writing.

I simply called the site engg. today and go details for my flat

328.png

Tilak

Mar 31, 2013, 11:30:32 PM3/31/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

As we have bought the flat from DDA ( Govt body), this is our right to know the super area, covered area & carpet area.

Why not file a RTI in DDA to know all these?

Tilak
328.png

sujata dda

Apr 1, 2013, 1:23:22 AM4/1/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
A detailed description about the whole process of property tax will be much better. I have the measurement of each room, balcony , kitchen etc but still am very much confused about the whole process. Expert advice plz...
328.png

Vinod Kamboj

Apr 6, 2013, 6:45:46 AM4/6/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
On DDA Web site they have upload Plinth Area for DDA10 flates (but now only for Rohini allotees)
regards

328.png

Debabrata Ghosh

Apr 6, 2013, 8:12:28 AM4/6/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vinod,

Can you share the exact link?

Thanks,

Debabrata Ghosh

Phone-91-9891906053
328.png

Debabrata Ghosh

Apr 6, 2013, 8:22:05 AM4/6/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Got the link. Thanks.
--
Debabrata Ghosh

Phone-91-9891906053
328.png

Sam II

Apr 8, 2013, 1:24:34 AM4/8/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vinod.
Where we can find that details of Plinth area on website ?

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Vinod Kamboj <vinod....@gmail.com> wrote:
328.png

Anand

Nov 22, 2013, 10:49:54 AM11/22/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All ,

I  hv a property since 10yrs and i hv been paying property tax ever since ,till 2006 hv deposited tax in bank and after that till current year hv made online payments , but to my surprise  i received a letter from MCD clamimg that i am a defaulter since past 10 years and  have demanded to pay the due amount  along  with the interest of more than 65% ...... is this a new way to collect bribe ??

rachna

Nov 22, 2013, 11:34:19 AM11/22/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
i think your payments have not been updated , you can take all the
receipts and show it to them and get it upadated in their records
manually

Anand

Nov 22, 2013, 12:20:19 PM11/22/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
thanks mam for quick response , the receipts are there online on mcd's very own web site , and why they have to trouble the citizens unnecessarily , if i am able to check the records online cant they do the same ??

Raj C

Nov 23, 2013, 3:13:31 AM11/23/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Anand

Rachna is right, the exposure of most of us with the govt agencies is worse. And yours is the first.

Dont worry, go to the local Property Tax office, find out your area Inspector, and Talk to him.

Also, write an application with (attach)  copies of your previous tax receipts and the recent notice. Submit it there, and make sure that they make diary entry and give you the receipt of the same.
There is a separate section of receiving complaints or other posts etc.

Thanks

avinash

Jun 22, 2014, 7:28:14 AM6/22/14
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Has any body submitted the property tax. I came to know if DDA is maintaining the flats then we need not file the tax. In our case the maintenance will be done by DDA. Please confirm and what is the yearly tax for DWARKA FLATS.

Sandeep Kumar

Jun 23, 2014, 6:05:08 AM6/23/14
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
You need to pay the property tax, DDA maintaining the complex doesn't matter. Also DDA is going to only maintain the common areas and not anything inside your flat.

Regards

Praval GUPTA

Jun 23, 2014, 7:35:33 AM6/23/14
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am an allottee of VK LIG flat, Please tell how to calculate the area of flat? Since it is required to fill property tax online.

Regards,

Praval Gupta

Sandeep Kumar

Jun 24, 2014, 1:28:26 AM6/24/14
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
You need to contact local JE for the calculated area.

Regards

Praval GUPTA

Jun 24, 2014, 2:09:39 AM6/24/14
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sandeep for the reply.

JE-DDA provided one letter for "COST OF ELECTRICAL INVENTORY" to pay extra charges (other than flat cost) for fan/ lights/ water heater/ wiring before giving the possession of flat.
In that letter they have mentioned light fittings 57.43 sqm @ 118.03 per sqm.
Should i consider that size to pay property tax?
Except this no where (in hundreds documents) is mentioned about the size of flat.

I have attached the same, kindly check once.

Thanks & Regards,
Praval GUPTA
Document1.pdf

Sandeep Kumar

Jun 24, 2014, 11:25:30 AM6/24/14
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
I have no idea Praval whether electrical calculations are for the size of the flat or for wiring. You really need to contact JE for this detail and file correct tax.

Regards

rachna

Jun 25, 2014, 12:04:45 AM6/25/14
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
I think i got the area details on the website of DDA under 2010 housing . Please check there

avinash

Jun 25, 2014, 2:17:09 AM6/25/14
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Has any one paid the property tax foir DWARKA sector 18 B flats. What are the yearly charges

Praval GUPTA

Jun 25, 2014, 2:56:23 AM6/25/14
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Today I discussed the same issue (size of flat for paying property tax) with Mr. Gupta (JE- Vasant Kunj, Common Wealth Flats, D6), as per his information at present DDA has not handed over this project to MCD. So no need to pay tax now.

After handing over to charges of the project to MCD by DDA, MCD will issue a letter to flat owners showing the amount (from the date of possession to till date) as property tax, after that we have to pay Property Tax.

Even Mr. Gupta (JE) told that he has not any information about the size of flat.

Regards,
Praval GUPTA
Message has been deleted

rachna

Jun 25, 2014, 3:10:07 AM6/25/14
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
i could not find the original link on dda site any more but the above link is good enough

and also please note that its practical to pay the tax on yearly basis to avoid paying huge arears

Manu

Jun 25, 2014, 3:14:07 AM6/25/14
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
If you have LIG flat, then its possible that this is the size of your flat. DDA has not given any document with flat area. I had inquired the JE and he checked a document and told me the size of my flat. It was around 55 sq meter (592 sq ft). I will check my electrical charges sheet and confirm the same.

Sandeep Kumar

Jun 25, 2014, 5:13:34 AM6/25/14
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Response received from Rajat Sarin in email.

Dear all

Hope this mail finds you in good health

Property onwer is liable to pay property tax from the date of posession . Please note that DDA has also not issued the completion certificate ( which is one of the reason why you still see the DDA JE's on site) to the builder . Inspite of that they handed possession of flats . My recommendation is you make the payment yearly and avoid getting harassed later .

Also the JE has complete information about the area of the flat . I got the same from the earlier JE Mr Sharma and he was kind enough to look at the floor plan of my flat and tell me the exact detail.

The area mention in the electrical wiring sheet is not accurate since it tells you the approximate carpet area not the covered area on which you pay PT .

Praval GUPTA

Jun 25, 2014, 8:14:25 AM6/25/14
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
After getting Rajat reply, i got solution of my problem.

We have to meet personally with the JE of that locality & check the plan to know the exact size of flat.

Thanks Rajat..... :-)

Regards,
Praval GUPTA

avinash

Jun 28, 2014, 2:23:42 AM6/28/14
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
I understand the DDA has not handed over the flats to MCD. So we do not need to pay the tax now. Can someone check and confirm the same. Whether any one is paid the tax also.

avinash

May 3, 2016, 10:01:02 AM5/3/16
to DDA 2010 - 2014
Please confirm whether any one has paid the property tax for sector 18 B DDA flats. Whether it has been handed over to MCD.

avinash

May 8, 2016, 12:23:55 AM5/8/16
to DDA 2010 - 2014
Has some one paid the property tax for DDA flats