House Tax VK D6

rajesht...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2018, 11:01:18 PM8/28/18
to DDA 2010 - 2014
Dear All

Is anyone paying house tax for DDA flats in Vasant Kunj D6? I checked the SMCD site but couldn't locate the property id. Also never received any demand for house tax from MCD.

Do we need to proactively do something ? Please help.

Regards
Rajesh

Rajk

Aug 29, 2018, 5:30:09 AM8/29/18
to DDA 2010 - 2014
On SDMC site, use the given link on  property tax to access the property tax portal. There you will find menu for ' list of property id'  ,you can locate your property  id with your surname  etc.

Liability of property tax will arise one you become owner of property, As long as you are owner, that liability remains  whether anyone gives you a notice or not;  unless barred by some limitation issue . As a property  owner, under the law, the legal liability is existing and it is the owner has to take steps to pay the tax on his own by filing return. No notice has to be given for filing and paying tax  since it is required under the law. Waiting for demand notice ,survey etc may result in needless interest and penalty burden. Am paying regularly online and one should for peace of mind.

Sandeep Kumar

Aug 29, 2018, 6:16:59 AM8/29/18
to DDA 2010 - 2014
You have to pay property tax from the day you took the possession of the flat. If the property id is not available you can create new property ids.

rajesht...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2018, 12:51:54 AM8/30/18
to DDA 2010 - 2014
Thanks for the information.

Where can we find the covered area information. Is it mentioned somewhere in the CD or the Allotment Letter ? I could not locate it.

Rajk

Aug 30, 2018, 1:37:50 AM8/30/18
to DDA 2010 - 2014
The Info is not there i think. Either base it  on the Type of Flat and broad area indicated in the original  Application Brochure or measure it yourself to be sure.

rajesht...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2018, 1:10:24 AM9/1/18
to DDA 2010 - 2014
Thanks a lot. Was able to create the property id and paid the house tax.