Terrace Rights

AmitS

Jun 22, 2012, 3:47:57 AM6/22/12
to DDA 2010
Hi All,
I am very new to this group, can anybody please tell me
the what is the status of terrace roof rights in Jasola HiG Flats in
pocket A-9. Are they with the top floor owner or there will be
separate allotment of terrace rights.
Will top floor owner be given any priority as far as allotment of
terrace rights are concerned.

Thanks
Amit

Anupam

Jun 22, 2012, 3:59:06 AM6/22/12
to dda-...@googlegroups.com

AmitS

Jun 22, 2012, 4:23:24 AM6/22/12
to DDA 2010
thanks Anupam ji

it says that

" In two, three & four storeyed houses where roof is accessible
through staircase & mumty, the right to use the roof top rests with
the top floor allottee subject to the provision of access to the
residents of the block for maintenance of Water Tank, Plumbing System,
Fixing of TV/ Cable Antennas etc."

my question is does this applies to 10 storey building also. My
concern is that if I am occupying the top floor then will any body
wiil have the right to install a PVC water tank etc on the terrace .
because if seepage comes then who will be responsible.

Anupam

Jun 22, 2012, 4:29:22 AM6/22/12
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
RWA has to come in picture for such case..,

Samir Gupta

Jun 22, 2012, 4:35:34 AM6/22/12
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
As per DDA trend, terrace always goes to the Top floor owner, but all this dont come in writing.

Regards
Samir Gupta

rakesh kumar

Jun 22, 2012, 6:00:01 AM6/22/12
to dda-...@googlegroups.com

agreed...to sameer

masijeevi

Jun 22, 2012, 6:01:08 AM6/22/12
to DDA 2010
Well, if it is Delhi, and it is DDA...then whether one like it or
not..terrace is with top floor. After all it is true for 100% DDA
colonies so far...it will be for upcoming ones as well.
Vijender

On Jun 22, 1:35 pm, Samir Gupta <samirgupta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As per DDA trend, terrace always goes to the Top floor owner, but all this
> dont come in writing.
>
> Regards
> Samir Gupta
>

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Anupam <v.vrinda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > RWA has to come in picture for such case..,

Pankaj Singh

Jun 22, 2012, 6:06:23 AM6/22/12
to dda-...@googlegroups.com

Can top floor owner build another floor on top as he owns it:-)

~sent from my android smart phone

Harsh Jain

Jun 22, 2012, 6:13:08 AM6/22/12
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
but in the case of VK, there are atleast 3-4 flats on the top floor of each tower. so who decides who is the owner?
i think it ll be common to all without any permission of building any floor etc..however, practically the roof ll be used most by top floor residents to dry their clothes /  small get to-gathers/placing a porta-cabin type enclosure for their domestic helps.

siddharth shekhar

Jun 22, 2012, 7:29:24 AM6/22/12
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
In case of DDA societies built earlier comprising of 3 floors,the roof top rights were with the owner on top and he even constructed another floor on roof,but in case of Jasola HIG there are 4 flats on top floors so practically roof can't be shared by 4 flats and also in multistoried apartment constructing on roof top is not permitted.It is a common space for all.

tarun menon

Jun 22, 2012, 7:30:56 AM6/22/12
to DDA 2010
The below applies only to plotted constructions where dda gives plot.
and construction done on it later. not to alotted flats. In this case
- vk etc, you own only what you have been alloted and nothing more.
Should be clear enough from your demand letter isnt it? Is a terrace
area mentioned? have they charged you for it. If no, then its common
area for use by all from gf to top floor. Why the confusion.

On Jun 22, 3:13 pm, Harsh Jain <harshunlimi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> but in the case of VK, there are atleast 3-4 flats on the top floor of each
> tower. so who decides who is the owner?
> i think it ll be common to all without any permission of building any floor
> etc..however, practically the roof ll be used most by top floor residents
> to dry their clothes /  small get to-gathers/placing a porta-cabin type
> enclosure for their domestic helps.
>

> On Friday, June 22, 2012 3:36:23 PM UTC+5:30, Pankaj Singh wrote:
>
> > Can top floor owner build another floor on top as he owns it:-)
>
> > ~sent from my android smart phone

Savitri Singh

Jun 22, 2012, 9:37:44 AM6/22/12
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

If any DDA upto 3/4th story Building, Terrace always captured by the top flor owner by hook or crook.
In multistory building, for safety purpose Terrace door always closed  by lock, because of Lift room & overhead water Tank .

Regds
Prem Sagar

gautam kumar

Jun 23, 2012, 12:17:43 AM6/23/12
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Guys, in areas like Dwarka and VK, any further construction over the multistorey building is some how a constraint that are put up by the Airport authority and similar guidlines are issued to DDA for no authorised construction over 10 floors.

-regards
Gautam

rakesh kumar

Jun 23, 2012, 12:55:44 AM6/23/12
to dda-...@googlegroups.com

u want to say for low rise lig its allowed..

tarun menon

Jun 24, 2012, 6:05:07 AM6/24/12
to DDA 2010
Good one

On Jun 23, 9:55 am, rakesh kumar <rakesh.kumar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> u want to say for low rise lig its allowed..
> On 23 Jun 2012 09:47, "gautam kumar" <gautam.tau...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Guys, in areas like Dwarka and VK, any further construction over the
> > multistorey building is some how a constraint that are put up by the
> > Airport authority and similar guidlines are issued to DDA for no authorised
> > construction over 10 floors.
>
> > -regards
> > Gautam
>
> > On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Savitri Singh <savitri.p...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Dear All,
>
> >> If any DDA upto 3/4th story Building, Terrace always captured by the top
> >> flor owner by hook or crook.
> >> In multistory building, for safety purpose Terrace door always closed  by
> >> lock, because of Lift room & overhead water Tank .
>
> >> Regds
> >> Prem Sagar

nick abharam

Feb 1, 2013, 2:28:00 PM2/1/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
in VK, who will own the terrace right if the flat is of 8th floor?

tarun menon

Feb 1, 2013, 10:01:53 PM2/1/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
dda will own. usage will be for all in the building.

On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 12:58 AM, nick abharam <suja...@gmail.com> wrote:
in VK, who will own the terrace right if the flat is of 8th floor?

Sanjay Taneja

Feb 4, 2013, 12:29:04 AM2/4/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
what is the source of your information Tarunji? In V K the terrace right normally lies with the top floor owner, they can even build a one room set with MCD approvals.

rakesh kumar

Feb 4, 2013, 1:35:15 AM2/4/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com

Agreed...

PEMBA BHUTIA

Feb 4, 2013, 7:15:40 AM2/4/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
The terrace right is only applicable in case of three storey DDA flats. I live in a four storey DDA flat and here the top floor occupants cannot construct on the terrace. Some people had taken the matter through the RTI and went upto the CIC but lost.

sanjayta...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2013, 7:56:19 AM2/4/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
I also live on the first floor of a four storey building, with terrace built by top floor guys regularised by mcd.
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

From: PEMBA BHUTIA <ptbh...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 17:45:40 +0530
Subject: Re: Terrace Rights

nick abharam

Feb 4, 2013, 10:20:07 AM2/4/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
why MCD gives the right for the roof terrace?

what in case of those 8th storied flats?

Sanjay Taneja

Feb 4, 2013, 10:23:14 AM2/4/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
Not a Legal Person Nick, Just a resident of DDA flats..

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 8:50 PM, nick abharam <suja...@gmail.com> wrote:
why MCD gives the right for the roof terrace?

what in case of those 8th storied flats?

nick abharam

Feb 4, 2013, 10:26:25 AM2/4/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
actually confused about who will use the terrace? can one cover up the terrace or put water tank or swing?

Sanjay Taneja

Feb 4, 2013, 11:03:56 AM2/4/13
to dda-...@googlegroups.com
I think u can , what building are you in? I am in Yamuna 5 top floor..

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 8:56 PM, nick abharam <suja...@gmail.com> wrote:
actually confused about who will use the terrace? can one cover up the terrace or put water tank or swing?

amit k

Sep 1, 2017, 4:22:59 AM9/1/17
to DDA 2010 - 2014
As far as right of the terrace is concerned , its the top floor owner , who is having exclusive right to use the terrace , subject to the condition that the other allottees of the vertical stack would be permitted to use the terrace for maintenance of tanks and installation of dish /antenna. it has been clarified in a RTI filed by one Ms. Beena Shah. being no. F2(6) Enf/04/924 ( i can mail you the same ). and also if you see the guidelines of the DDA alteration and modification. It is the top floor owner only , who can construct a barsati adjoining to the mumty in the terrace.that too without anyone's consent but yes an approval from dda/mcd is required. But , it is true that she can not deny you to enter the terrace to check your water tanks and dish antennas. She will have to permit you for that.

Niraj Davar

Mar 6, 2018, 3:14:15 AM3/6/18
to DDA 2010 - 2014
I have another query. nowadays we are using split ACs. For installing the external units for the first and second floor occupants there is no place. It's easy for ground floor and top floor. The question is can the first and second floor occupants put the external AC units on roof by right?

sweta...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2019, 6:30:41 AM4/25/19
to DDA 2010 - 2014
Dear Amit,