Pumpkin Patch updates and PTA information

Developmental Disabilities Advocates

May 19, 2012, 2:13:41 AM5/19/12
to DD Coalition
Pumpkin Patch Project - CANCELLED - DSHS would not allow us to do this
project. We are working on a solution.

It appears that parents and volunteers are not allowed to provide
projects or programs for residents of the RHC. If this requires any
staff involvement (which it would because we would need staff to
escort and support clients) it would be increasing the budget and
there are not funds. Never-mind that the JOB of staff is to support
clients but since these activities are not provided by the RHC they
are not allowed. Parents are only allowed to provide activities for
their own child but are not allowed to provide any activities which
would require staff to help out. Doesn't make sense to me but that is
apparently the rule.

How is one supposed to be active in community and participate when the
staff is not allowed to help?

It's really too bad. At least I will be able to plant a pumpkin patch
and sunflower garden with our son - hopefully other residents will
enjoy but will not be able to participate. So Sad!!

Our PTA will be:

Shoreline Special Education and Life-Long Learning PTA -

Information brochure and sign up at this link:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byhpzwg2XSemZ0Q0V3V4VTZobHM

Please do consider joining!