Volunteer TOMORROW at Books to Prisoners!

DCYP Communications Director

Mar 25, 2018, 3:51:22 PM3/25/18
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

Volunteer at Books to Prisoners

When: Monday, March 26, 6:30-8:30PM

Where: Foundry United Methodist Church, 1500 16th Street NW, DC

Join us as we fulfill prisoners' requests with the Books-to-Prisoners Project. We will round up donated books to send to prisoners based on their interests articulated through letters. First time volunteers need to arrive by 6:30 pm for a brief orientation. The B2P project supports prison libraries in 35 states and sends out more than 5,000 packages annually. This program has been around for more than 10 years and is truly one of a kind.

>> RSVP on Meetup or email Stacey at dcyp.s...@gmail.com.

Volunteer at Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens

When: Saturday, April 21, 9:00AM-12:00 PM

Where: 1550 Anacostia Ave NE, DC

Join us for a day of service at the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens! This national park site showcases historic ponds with spectacular water lilies and lotus, tidal marsh and habitat for abundant wildlife. Join us as we protect, restore and promote this jewel along the Anacostia River in Washington, DC. Learn more about Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens on the Friends of Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens website (http://www.friendsofkenilworthgardens.org/).

The event will run rain or shine—please dress accordingly and plan to work outside.
The nearest Metro station is Deanwood on the orange line.

>> RSVPon Meetup or email Stacey at dcyp.s...@gmail.com.

Leadership Opportunities Available!

Are you interested in getting more involved with DCYP? Do you enjoy meeting new people and planning fun events? We are seeking a few volunteers to join the Leadership Team to help plan service projects and other events. To learn more, contact Dustin at DCYP.Pr...@gmail.com.