Habitat for Humanity and Fall Happy Hour

DCYP Communications Director

Sep 23, 2017, 8:15:24 AM9/23/17
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

Habitat for Humanity Build Day

When: Saturday, September 30, 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Where: Location will be emailed to volunteers this week.
As part of our ongoing partnership with Habitat for Humanity, the Kiwanis Club of Washington is supporting the construction of a new house in D.C. We’ll have regular opportunities for volunteers to get involved over the next year with activities ranging from framing to painting to landscaping. The next Build Day on Sept. 30th will be very hands-on so please wear close-toed shoes and clothes that can get dirty. Breakfast, lunch, beverages, and project supplies will be provided. The location will be announced to volunteers this week and will be located in NE or SE D.C.

UPDATE: We've reached the max number of volunteers for the Sept. 30th Build Day. If you RSVPd and can no longer attend, please let us know or update your Meetup RSVP. If you're interested in being added to the wait list or participating in future Build Days, please contact Stacey.
>> Contact Stacey at dcyp.s...@gmail.com for details.

October Happy Hour at The Carving Room  NEW!

When: Thursday, October 19, 6:00-8:00 PM

Where: Carving Room Kitchen & Bar, 300 Massachusetts Ave. NW, DC
Kick off Fall events with DCYP at The Carving Room! Your first Happy Hour beer or wine is on us! We're excited to catch up with everyone and welcome new young professionals who are interested in getting involved. The Carving Room is a neighborhood kitchen specializing in house cured and hand carved meats, homemade sides and pickled vegetables. Full bar features 10 draft beers and signature libations. Thursday's are TACO THURSDAY 3 for $10. See you there!

>> RSVP on Meetup or email Jarrod at dcyp....@gmail.com

Seeking Leaders to Help Plan Events:
Are you interested in getting more involved with DCYP? Do you enjoy meeting new people and planning fun events and service projects? We're looking for a couple of interested volunteers to join the Leadership Team starting in October. To learn more, contact Dustin at DCYP.Pr...@gmail.com