Spring into Service!

DCYP Communications Director

Mar 18, 2021, 7:16:04 PM3/18/21
to dc...@googlegroups.com

image.jpeg

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington
image.jpeg

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

We hope you are all doing well! We've missed our fellow volunteers, philanthropic partners, and fun projects that serve the community. With warm weather and loosening restrictions on the horizon, we are excited to announce our upcoming events. We hope to see you at one - or all - of them!

Virtual Event with Books to Prisons

When: Tuesday, March 23, 7:00-8:00PM

Where: Zoom

Join us for a virtual information session with long-time Kiwanis Young Professionals service project partner Books to Prisons. Founded in 1999, DC Books to Prisons provides free books to individual prisoners. They also develop and support prison libraries. Their work is done solely by concerned volunteers using donated time and resources. DC Books to Prisons is a fiscally sponsored project of Empowerment WORKS, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Yearly, they send more than 7,000 packages to prisoners. These packages go to prisoners in over 600 prisons in 34 states.

Board member Jackie Snow will share more about what the organization does, how they have modified activity during the pandemic, and how we can assist them. We hope you can join us!

>>RSVP here to receive the Zoom link

Virtual Meeting

When: Tuesday, April 10, 7:00-8:00PM

Where: Zoom

We are excited to have Ariel Trahan, program director at the Anacostia Watershed Society, join us to provide more background on the organization and prepare our team for Earth Day clean up on April 24th. The Anacostia Watershed Society was founded in 1989 by a small group of concerned individuals who decided that the environmental needs of the Anacostia River and its watershed communities required serious attention. Over the past 20 years, our staff and programming efforts have expanded significantly to encompass efforts in environmental education, stewardship, and recreation, as well as engaging the community through public affairs. The vision is to make the Anacostia River and its tributaries swimmable and fishable, in keeping with the Clean Water Act, for the health and enjoyment of everyone in the community. Community involvement is critical to achieving this vision and AWS seeks win-win solutions through strong partnerships and coalitions, with all parts of the community, government, and other stakeholders.

Save the Date. Link to come!

Volunteer at Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens

When: Saturday, April 24, 10:00AM-12:00 PM

Where: 1550 Anacostia Ave NE, DC

We are SOOOOO excited for an in-person service project! Join us for an Earth Day event at the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens! This incredible national park site showcases historic ponds with spectacular water lilies and lotus, tidal marsh and habitat for abundant wildlife. Join us as we protect, restore and promote this jewel along the Anacostia River in Washington, DC. Learn more about Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens and about our event organizers, the Anacostia Watershed Society.

The event will run rain or shine—please dress accordingly and plan to work outside. We will abide by covid guidelines so all volunteers must wear a mask and register in advance. Group sizes are limited so we must track attendee headcount. The nearest Metro station is Deanwood on the orange line.

>> RSVP to dcyp.s...@gmail.com.

Student Leader Awards

When: Thursday, April 29, 5:30PM

Where: In-person and Virtual Options Available

The Kiwanis Club of Washington, D.C. is proud to present the 2021 Student Leader Awards. Join us on Thursday, April 29th at The Arts Club of Washington, D.C. beginning at 5:30pm for a dinner reception to recognize outstanding student leaders and scholarship winners. Founded in 1997, the SLAs recognize high school seniors for their outstanding leadership and achievements.

This is a hybrid event. We want all who desire to participate in the 2021 Student Leader Awards to feel comfortable and safe at our event. This means allowing you to join us virtually. Virtual event attendees will receive an event kit right to their door and a Zoom link to join us online for the event. Each event kit will include an event t-shirt, waterproof sticker, and commemorative tin. Our in-person event will follow strict CDC COVID-19 guidelines, have a maximum attendee count of 50 persons, and take place in a covered outdoor area. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and plan in accordance with CDC and DC Health Guidelines to keep our attendees safe.

>>Register here for online or in-person attendance

Leadership Opportunities Available!

Are you interested in getting more involved with DCYP? Do you enjoy meeting new people and planning fun events? We are seeking a few volunteers to join the leadership team to help plan service projects and other events. To learn more, contact Stacey at DCYP.s...@gmail.com.

DCYP Communications Director

Apr 10, 2021, 3:53:41 PM4/10/21
to dc...@googlegroups.com
image.jpeg

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington
image.jpeg

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

We hope you are all doing well! We've missed our fellow volunteers, philanthropic partners, and fun projects that serve the community. With warm weather and loosening restrictions on the horizon, we are excited to announce our upcoming events. We hope to see you at one - or all - of them!

Virtual Meeting

When: Tuesday, April 13, 7:00-8:00PM

Where: Zoom

We are excited to have Robinne Gray from the Anacostia Watershed Society, join us to provide more background on the organization and prepare our team for Earth Day clean up on April 24th. The Anacostia Watershed Society was founded in 1989 by a small group of concerned individuals who decided that the environmental needs of the Anacostia River and its watershed communities required serious attention.

Over the past 20 years, our staff and programming efforts have expanded significantly to encompass efforts in environmental education, stewardship, and recreation, as well as engaging the community through public affairs. The vision is to make the Anacostia River and its tributaries swimmable and fishable, in keeping with the Clean Water Act, for the health and enjoyment of everyone in the community. Community involvement is critical to achieving this vision and AWS seeks win-win solutions through strong partnerships and coalitions, with all parts of the community, government, and other stakeholders.

Even if you can't attend the cleanup, we hope you'll join us to learn more about this great organization serving our community.

RSVP Here

Volunteer at Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens

When: Saturday, April 24, 10:00AM-12:00 PM

Where: 1550 Anacostia Ave NE, DC

We are SOOOOO excited for an in-person service project! Join us for an Earth Day event at the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens! This incredible national park site showcases historic ponds with spectacular water lilies and lotus, tidal marsh and habitat for abundant wildlife. Join us as we protect, restore and promote this jewel along the Anacostia River in Washington, DC. Learn more about Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens and about our event organizers, the Anacostia Watershed Society.

The event will run rain or shine—please dress accordingly and plan to work outside. We will abide by covid guidelines so all volunteers must wear a mask and register in advance. Group sizes are limited so we must track attendee headcount. The nearest Metro station is Deanwood on the orange line.

>> RSVP to dcyp.s...@gmail.com.

Student Leader Awards

When: Thursday, April 29, 5:30PM

Where: In-person and Virtual Options Available

The Kiwanis Club of Washington, D.C. is proud to present the 2021 Student Leader Awards. Join us on Thursday, April 29th at The Arts Club of Washington, D.C. beginning at 5:30pm for a dinner reception to recognize outstanding student leaders and scholarship winners. Founded in 1997, the SLAs recognize high school seniors for their outstanding leadership and achievements.

This is a hybrid event. We want all who desire to participate in the 2021 Student Leader Awards to feel comfortable and safe at our event. This means allowing you to join us virtually. Virtual event attendees will receive an event kit right to their door and a Zoom link to join us online for the event. Each event kit will include an event t-shirt, waterproof sticker, and commemorative tin. Our in-person event will follow strict CDC COVID-19 guidelines, have a maximum attendee count of 50 persons, and take place in a covered outdoor area. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and plan in accordance with CDC and DC Health Guidelines to keep our attendees safe.

>>Register here for online or in-person attendance

Leadership Opportunities Available!

Are you interested in getting more involved with DCYP? Do you enjoy meeting new people and planning fun events? We are seeking a few volunteers to join the leadership team to help plan service projects and other events. To learn more, contact Stacey at DCYP.s...@gmail.com.

DCYP Communications Director

Apr 22, 2021, 9:08:29 AM4/22/21
to dc...@googlegroups.com
image.jpeg

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington
image.jpeg

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

We hope your spring is going well! We hope to see you at an upcoming event. Please note that waivers for Earth Day cleanup must be signed by April 22 at 11:59pm.