See You Tomorrow!

DCYP Communications Director

Apr 8, 2019, 11:18:45 AM4/8/19
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

April Membership Meeting

When: Tuesday, April 9, 6:30-8:30 PM

Where: McCormick & Schmick's, 1652 K Street NW, Washington DC

We hope to see you at the April Membership Meeting tomorrow evening. We will have a speaker from the DC Special Education Cooperative. The DC Special Education Cooperative is a nonprofit that partners with DC charter schools to provide innovative resources for students with disabilities and their schools. It will be a great opportunity to learn about another organization serving the DC community.

These monthly meetings are a fun way to get to know other members and learn more about our upcoming service projects and social events. Guests are welcome.

DCYP Communications Director

May 7, 2019, 9:56:55 AM5/7/19
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

We have a lot of great events coming up in May. See you at one - or all - of them!

Club Meeting

When: Tuesday, May 14, 6:30-8:30 PM

Where: Sarah’s Circle (2551 17th Street NW, DC)

Please join us for our annual meeting in the newly renovated Sarah’s Circle. We will be electing the slate of officers and board members for the 2018-19 Kiwanis year. This is your chance to have a say in the leadership of the club for next year and beyond. There will be no charge for the meeting, but please RSVP so that we can have an accurate headcount for the catering.

>> RSVP to clubmanage...@gmail.com. We look forward to seeing you there!

Croquet Day

When: Thursday, May 16, 5:00-8:00 PM

Where: Waterfront Park (1A Prince Street, Old Town Alexandria)

Join us at the annual Croquet Day fundraiser for SCAN of Northern Virginia! This event helps raise vital funds for SCAN's child abuse and neglect prevention programs. Volunteers will assist as referees and as scorekeepers (no croquet experience needed!). Learn more about Croquet Day on the event webpage.

If you can't be there for the full event to volunteer, stop by and enjoy the event as a spectator. "Spectator tickets" include: Beer, Wine & Soft Drinks, Snacks, Live DJ, Corn Hole, and an After-Party at Vola's Dockside Grill. Join us for the fun!

The nearest Metro Station is King Street (blue/yellow). It's about a mile walk or there is a trolley that runs from the station to the waterfront.

>> RSVPon Meetup or by email to DCYP.Comm...@gmail.com. We hope you can join the fun!

Kiwanis Fitness Field Day

When: Friday, May 31, 9:00AM-3:30 PM

Where: Aiton Elementary School (533 48th Place NE, DC)

Mark your calendars for the upcoming Kiwanis Fitness Field Day on Friday, May 31.

This is one of our club's premier annual events and is always a fun day playing and interacting with local elementary school kids. There are many different types of volunteer opportunities throughout the day so all are welcome.

>> RSVP to clubmanage...@gmail.com. Even if you are only available for a portion of the day, we can use your help!

DCYP Communications Director

May 13, 2019, 7:01:30 PM5/13/19
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Communications Director

Jun 5, 2019, 9:17:56 AM6/5/19
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

Mark your calendar for two great projects this summer!

Serve Dinner at Miriam’s House

When: Sunday, June 16, 5:00-7:00 PM

Where: 1300 Florida Ave NW,DC

We will be hosting dinner for about 20 residents at Miriam's House with the N Street Village. Food prep will be from 5:00-6:00 with dinner between 6:00-7:00. Volunteers will be needed to prepare and serve the food and interact with the residents.

N Street Village empowers homeless and low-income women in Washington, D.C. to claim their highest quality of life by offering a broad spectrum of services, housing, and advocacy in an atmosphere of dignity and respect. They serve about 2,000 low-income and homeless women a year by helping them to achieve stability and make meaningful gains in their housing, income, employment, mental health, physical health, and addiction recovery.

>> RSVPon Meetup or by email to DCYP.Comm...@gmail.com.

Serve Lunch at Loaves and Fishes

When: Saturday, July 27

Where: 1525 Newton Street NW, DC

Save the date for our annual summer project with Loaves and Fishes at St. Stephen and the Incarnation Episcopal Church.

DCYP Communications Director

Sep 4, 2019, 11:56:42 AM9/4/19
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

End of Summer Social

When: Sunday, September 15, 1:00-4:00 PM

Where: River Terrace Recreation Center, 350 Anacostia Ave NE, Washington DC

We will provide the BBQ staples (hamburgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers) and sides. If you have something special that you want to throw on the grill, please feel free to bring it, and we can cook it up.

We will have some lawn games and you can enjoy an urban hike along the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail.

As always, all are welcome: family, friends, and colleagues. Parking is abundant along the park. It is easily accessible from the BW Parkway and a short scoot ride away from the Minnesota Avenue Metro Station. It is also across the street from the River Terrace Education Campus.

Please RSVP so that we can be sure to have enough food!

DCYP Communications Director

Sep 12, 2019, 4:25:29 PM9/12/19
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Communications Director

Nov 8, 2019, 1:10:54 PM11/8/19
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

Bright Beginnings Beautification Day

When: Saturday, November 16, 10:00am-3:00pm

Where: Church of the Holy Communion Episcopal Church, 3640 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SEDC

Volunteers are needed on Saturday, November 16 for Kiwanis Club/Bright Beginnings Beautification Day! We have an opportunity to spruce up a facility used by our largest service project partner. The event is planned to take place at their MLK site which is located just inside the Church of the Holy Communion Episcopal Church at 3640 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., Southeast, Washington, DC from 10am to 3pm. It's the same location as the playground build we helped with last year.

Twenty Bright Beginnings families and staff members are looking forward to meeting Kiwanians in service. Lunch will be served and it will be a great occasion to connect with families we are trying to help in the fight against homelessness.

Our main mission on the 16th will be painting. They have three classrooms, two hallways and one stairwell that are in desperate need of a little TLC by way of a new coat of paint. In this season of Thanksgiving, this would be a great way to give back. Please feel free to bring a prospective member to see our service in action!

>> RSVPon Meetup or by email to cind...@hotmail.com.

Membership Meeting

When: Thursday, November 14

Where: 1652 K Street NW, DC

Join us at McCormick & Schmick's for our November general membership meeting! The Club will be collecting clothing donations during the meeting to support Gifts for the Homeless.

See you there!

Food & Friends “Slice of Life” sale

When: Now though November 26

This Thanksgiving season, the Kiwanis Club of Washington, D.C. will be supporting the annual pie sales, "Slice of Life" for Food & Friends. A local gourmet pie company makes the pies for this fundraiser and the cost ranges from $28 to $45. Club members can sign up to sell pies, or you can choose to purchase pies from the club in general or an individual team member in the club. Pies will be available for pickup at locations across the D.C. area on Tuesday, November 26. You can also support this initiative by purchasing a pie for a Food and Friends client.

Food & Friends provides meals, groceries and nutrition counseling to people living with life-challenging illnesses. We have supported Food & Friends in many ways over the years, through delivering groceries and helping prepare food. This is another way that we can support Food and Friends and this project is being spear headed by Serena Bell and April Gassler. Please contact Serena Bell if you have any questions.

Additional information will be communicated regarding possible hands-on volunteering with pie distribution day on Tuesday, November 26th.

Volunteer at Gifts for the Homeless

When: Saturday, December 7

Where: 2300 N Street NW, DC

The annual Gifts for the Homeless clothing drive provides much-needed clothing for men, women, and children at over 70 DC-area shelters. DCYP will join hundreds of other volunteers for a fun clothing-sorting party where we'll help sort and bag clothing donations. The event is always a favorite project of DCYP members! Learn more about GFTH here. (http://gfth.org/)

If you have clothing you would like to donate, feel free to bring it to the project!

The morning shift runs from 8am-noon. If you cannot attend the entire time, that is ok. Please let us know if you need to leave early/arrive late so that we know when we have coverage.

>> RSVPon Meetup or by email to dcyp.s...@gmail.com.

Holiday Party

When: Tuesday, December 10

Where: The Willard Hotel

Save the date for an evening of fellowship and holiday spirit as the Kiwanis Club of Washington, DC celebrates its annual Holiday Party!

DCYP Communications Director

Dec 2, 2019, 10:14:46 PM12/2/19
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

Volunteer at Gifts for the Homeless

When: Saturday, December 7

Where: 2300 N Street NW, DC

The annual Gifts for the Homeless clothing drive provides much-needed clothing for men, women, and children at over 70 DC-area shelters. DCYP will join hundreds of other volunteers for a fun clothes-sorting party where we'll help sort and bag clothing donations. The event is always a favorite project of DCYP members! Learn more about GFTH here. (http://gfth.org/)

If you have clothing you would like to donate, feel free to bring it to the project!

The morning shift runs from 8am-noon. If you cannot attend the entire time, that is ok. Please let us know if you need to leave early/arrive late so that we know when we have coverage.

>> RSVPon Meetup or by email to dcyp.s...@gmail.com.

Holiday Party

When: Tuesday, December 10, 6:30 p.m.

Where: The Willard Hotel, 1401 Pennsylvania Ave NW, DC

Join us for an evening of fellowship and holiday spirit as the Kiwanis Club of Washington, DC celebrates its annual Holiday Party! Attire is business casual. Drinks and hors d'oeuvres will be served.

DCYP Communications Director

Dec 6, 2019, 11:24:08 AM12/6/19
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Communications Director

Jan 6, 2020, 8:40:39 PM1/6/20
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

Happy Hour and Service Project

When: Tuesday, January 14, 6:00-8:00 PM

Where: Irish Channel Restaurant & Pub (500 H Street NW, DC)

Join the DC Young Professionals at the Irish Channel for a combo service project and happy hour. We are kicking off the new year by putting together care packages for DC area homeless residents. We'll have some appetizers to share and will provide everything needed to complete the packages. Feel free to bring any donations if you wish: toiletries, new or gently-used cold weather clothing, or new packages of socks and underwear.

>> RSVPon Meetup or contact DCYP.S...@gmail.com. We look forward to seeing you there!

DCYP Communications Director

Jan 13, 2020, 8:55:38 PM1/13/20
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Communications Director

May 19, 2020, 9:41:40 AM5/19/20
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

Virtual Happy Hour

When: Thursday, May 21, 6:00-7:00 PM

Where: online

Join the Kiwanis Club of Washington D.C. for their May Happy Hour! Grab a drink of your choice and join us from your couch. This is an awesome opportunity for new and old members alike to connect with each other virtually.

Are you a prospective member looking to volunteer with the Kiwanis Club of Washington, D.C.? This event is a perfect opportunity to meet our members and learn about our signature projects and passion for service. #KidsNeedKiwanis

DCYP Communications Director

Jun 1, 2020, 9:36:44 PM6/1/20
to dc...@googlegroups.com

image.jpeg

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington
image.jpeg

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

June Virtual Meeting

When: Tuesday, June 9, 6:30 PM

Where: Anywhere you are!

Join the Kiwanis Club of Washington, D.C. for its June Membership Meeting. Whether you are new to our group or a returning member, we're excited to have you! This meeting will include updates on recent volunteer projects, our club's COVID-19 response, and special guest speakers from Sasha Bruce Youthwork - our most recent partner in COVID-19 response.

The mission of Sasha Bruce Youthwork is to improve the lives of runaway, homeless, abused, and neglected at-risk youth and their families in the Washington area. They provide shelter, counseling, life skills training and positive youth development activities to approximately 1,500 youth and 5,000 family members each year.

Our guest speakers are Deborah Shore, founder and Executive Director, and John Crain, Board Chair. I hope you will attend the meeting to hear about the life changing impact of Sasha Bruce Youthwork since their founding over 40 years ago. Our club Covid-19 Task Force selected this amazing organization as a recipient of a $6,000 grant to help them meet the extra challenges they face during this crisis.

Please RSVP here.

DCYP Communications Director

Jun 8, 2020, 2:15:12 PM6/8/20
to dc...@googlegroups.com

DCYP Communications Director

Aug 16, 2020, 7:06:55 PM8/16/20
to dc...@googlegroups.com
image.jpeg

DCYP Committee
of the Kiwanis
Club of Washington
image.jpeg

Join DC Young Professionals at these upcoming events

Summer Social - Virtual Trivia

When: Thursday, August 20, 6:30 PM

Where: Anywhere you are!

Join the Kiwanis Club of Washington, D.C. for its virtual summer social. This year, we'll be testing your knowledge with a friendly game of trivia. Catch up with friends or make new ones before our club gets back into the swing of things in the fall.

*You must register for the event at least 24 hours in advance to attend. A Zoom link with password information will be shared to confirmed registrants prior to the event.

Please RSVP here.