September 19 Deal, and Note on Previous Order

1 view

Joon Song

Sep 21, 2010, 8:43:17 PM9/21/10
to DC Wine Buyers Collective
Hello All,

Thank you for your patience regarding the previous order. Due to
producer delays, the ship carrying our wines left France only two days
ago. It should hopefully be available to pick up by the end of the
month.

That being said, our next deal is from MacArthur Beverages, which is
located in the Georgetown Palisades neighborhood. The inventory is in
their store so the turnaround time should be short--you should receive
your wines about 1-2 weeks after the close of the deal. My contact,
Phil Bernstein, definitely knows his wine, and together we put
together a super list of wines for your consideration.

All prices already include tax and take into account MacArthur
Beverage's sale prices and, for a few of the bottles, an additional
exclusive discount.

WHITES

2009 Allram "Strasser Hasel" Grüner Veltliner | $16.34
Excellent dry, crisp and complex Austrian white wine. If you're tired
of the same old Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio this is a
must try!!

2007 Mitaine "Rocher des Violette" Montlouis-sur-Loire | $19.61
Unreal, dry Chenin Blanc from the mystical Loire valley of France.
This is the kind of wine you design a whole meal around, as it has a
ridiculous amount of complexity going on.

2008 Wehelner Sonnenuhr Kabinett M.F. Richter | $19.61
If you think German Riesling is just a sweet innocuous wine, think
again. From Germany's famed Mosel region, this lightly-fruity mineral
bomb is incredibly fun to drink and a great partner at the dinner
table with all kinds of cuisine.

REDS

2007 Domaine St. Gayan Côtes du Rhône | $14.16
A super red from the great 2007 Rhône vintage. Mostly Grenache, you
can think of this as declassified Gigondas. If you don't know what
that means, don't worry about it: it means you are getting a $30+ wine
for quite a bit less! I fell in love with this wine during the
Snowpocalpyse. Its medium body and dark fruit mean it is the perfect
Cold Weather Red!

2004 R. López de Heredia "Viña Cubillo" Tempranillo | $21.79
The ultimate "old school" wine. These guys make their wines the same
way they did 100 years ago. An old world wine in every sense, lovers
of Australian fruit bombs stay away! This wine is all about earth
with a lovely floral bouquet and a suppleness and elegance that make
it a true wine for food. One of my all-time favorites. If you like
leaner, more acidic reds, you should definitely get this. Perfect
with red meats, Italian food, Mexican food, and lovin'."

2005 Bois de Boursan Châteauneuf-du-Pape | $35.96
Another classic old school wine, this is honest Châteauneuf with
respect to the unique terroir of this famed region. Drink now or
cellar for another 5-10 years. This wine combines funky, earthy notes
with great structure and wonderful Grenache suppleness and fruit.

TO PURCHASE: http://tiny.cc/kdgl7

Same terms apply as last time--these terms are available on our
Facebook page (search for "DC Wine Buyers Collective") or our Tumblr
page (http://http://dcwine.tumblr.com/). This deal closes at 11:59 pm
on Monday, September 27!!!

Happy shopping!

Sincerely,