Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez

1 view

Nancy Hirshbein

Mar 30, 2010, 11:13:39 AM3/30/10
to dcmdva-pe...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Tania posted on her facebook page that the Smithsonian event will
likely be rescheduled for October 1 and 2. I'll keep you posted if I
get any further info.

Take care,
Nancy

mbande...@comcast.net

Mar 30, 2010, 11:48:51 AM3/30/10
to dcmdva-pe...@googlegroups.com

Thanks! I was wondering what they were going to do with this. The folks at the Smithsonian never contacted those of us who bought tickets to the snowed-out date to tell us what they were going to do. At least I wasn't contacted.

Nancy Hirshbein

Mar 30, 2010, 11:55:28 AM3/30/10
to dcmdva-pe...@googlegroups.com
I just got off the phone with the Smithsonian and it's a bit complicated. As far as the Smithsonian knows, the event *may* be rescheduled for May. If that's the case, current ticket holders will be contacted first, then people on the current waiting list. If there as still spots open, the event will be offered to the public. I imagine that if you can't go on the May date, you'd get a refund, although I don't know for sure.

But, Tania is saying that it's going to be in October. In that case, the Smithsonian will treat it as a brand new event and the old waiting list will disappear. I didn't ask them whether current ticket holders will get first priority.

Dina

Mar 30, 2010, 12:29:01 PM3/30/10
to dcmdva-pe...@googlegroups.com
Same here. I had a ticket to the Friday event, and I was never contacted after the initial snow-related cancellation.
Dina

Sariah Tambre

Mar 30, 2010, 5:52:02 PM3/30/10
to dcmdva-pe...@googlegroups.com