creating plugins for weasis

Arun ks

Oct 4, 2013, 8:26:58 AM10/4/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I would like to know if i can create external plugins for weasis.I succeeded in creating plugins of type tools (on the right side of the viewer).but is shown only when the viewer plugin is loaded.Is there any way so that I can create a plugin just like dicom explorer?for example I want to create a plugin that has the full  functionality of import and is shown on the menu?Or atleast a plugin that is shown just like the explorer plugin.My requirement is to create a plugin that will make weasis a single instance application.
thanx in advance.

Arun ks

Oct 4, 2013, 8:53:25 AM10/4/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Is there a bundle of  a new plugin that is available so that i can test?

nicolas...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2013, 12:07:07 PM10/4/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I've updated some pages in the developer documentation and add this page that gives some instructions on how to build and package plugins.

At the moment, there is only one plugin available: weasis-isowriter, to burn iso image with selected DICOMs and optionally included the JPEG images and the viewer. This is an "Export Dicom" plugin type. And the project weasis-plugins-war-builder is a simple example on how to build weasis-ext.war (extension of weasis.war containing plugins).

In the master branch of Weasis, there is a root directory called "archetype" which contains Maven archetypes for building plugin's skeletons. For now, there is only one for building a sample with a toolbar and a right panel tool for the DICOM viewer.

Sorry, I don't really understand what you want to achieve, because Weasis is already a single instance application (except for the portable version on Mac and Linux).

Arun ks

Oct 8, 2013, 12:47:16 AM10/8/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanx..I created some plugins just for learning and testing...How can I give the path for more than one plugins as if in "ext-config.properties" in weasis/conf..?

nicolas...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2013, 1:49:25 AM10/8/13
This page describes briefly how to package plugins and weasis-plugins-war-builder is a basic example.