Mac OS X with Java 7 - weasis breaks TLS connection.

zaka

Aug 12, 2013, 1:32:58 AM8/12/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
While retrieving instances for certain study weasis breaks TLS connection. It looks like weasis stops retrieving instances and the total number of instances and studies is less then it would be. Sometimes after closing weasis, browser reports it drops TLS connection. It is 100% repeatable for OSX+Java7 and sometimes for Win7+Java7. At the same time downloading the same studies from DCM4CHEE-WEB3 interface works well. Is it weasis or Java7 issue? This issue makes weasis quite useless for OSX TLS connections :(.

nicolas...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2013, 1:32:50 PM8/12/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Could you report errors from Weasis log and from dcm4chee log. We also retrieve series from https without any problem.

zaka

Aug 13, 2013, 3:15:42 AM8/13/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Here are the logs and some snapshots. I use mutual client authentication.

понедельник, 12 августа 2013 г., 23:32:50 UTC+6 пользователь nicolas...@gmail.com написал:
dcm4chee.log
weasis.log
snapshot1.png
snapshot2.png

nicolas...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2013, 2:07:58 PM8/13/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Log files don't give much information, except the "Remote host closed connection during handshake" error.

It could be interesting to activate sll debug (-Djavax.net.debug=all) to have more information. The strange thing is it works sometimes. Is your your certificate trust chain is correct? Have you tried with different browsers, as JWS inherits the browser connection configuration to create new sockets to download the images.

If your are on Windows 64-bit, I recommend to use a 32-bit JRE to run Weasis for having native decoders and for using less memory.

zaka

Aug 15, 2013, 1:18:12 PM8/15/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I would like to correct myself, this issue is 100% repeatable for Windows+Oracle Java7. At least for WinXP.My DCM4CHEE installation is on SLES 11SP2, so there are no problems with native decoders/encoders. For now there are no problems for Mageia Linux+OpenJDK7 clients. For Win clients this issue was solved by downgrading to Oracle Java6.There are no solutions for OS X clients still. I can't deploy native Java6 for OS X because I don't know where to import my certificates. There is no jcontrol for native Java6 in OS X at all.So what is the main cause of this issue? Oracle Java7? Self signed certificates? Weasis incompatibility with Oracle Java7?

nicolas...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2013, 3:40:16 AM8/16/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
When you say it 100% repeatable, you mean that it is always the same images which are not downloaded or it is changing.

If you are using a self signed certificate, it could be a real problem. That's why Weasis binaries are build with trusted certificate since version 1.1.3.

zaka

Aug 16, 2013, 1:21:27 PM8/16/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply. I meant it is 100% repeatable for any studies, patients and so on. I also do not see any other cause of this issue, than the new Oracle+OSX policy, concerning self-signed certificates. As for openJDK7, it seems the project maintainers are not ready to forbid self-signed certificates.