How to set DCM4CHE to monitor a directory for incoming DICOM files

Gergely Orsi

May 5, 2016, 5:46:38 AM5/5/16
to dcm4che
Dear Users,

Is it possible to set up DCM4CHE in a way to monitor a directory for incoming DICOM files, and when they arrive copy them to the default DICOM storage location and import them to the DICOM database?

I can manage it with Conquest, but I'd like to use a Synology NAS running DCM4CHE instead.

I've just tried out DCM4CHEE 2.18.1-0108 on a Synology NAS and it looks convincing, I hope I can modify it to suit our needs.

The ratio behind is that we have a small animal MR scanner which has no PACS functionality (no wado, c-get, c-move or anything) only ftp transfer. It would be nice to transfer the images via ftp to a shared folder on the synology nas, and then let dcm4chee read the files and import to the DICOM database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Gergo

fleetwoodfc

May 5, 2016, 10:19:30 AM5/5/16
to dcm4che
dcmsnd  from the dcm4che1  toolkit will do this. It can be configured to poll a specified folder then send any dicom files it finds to a destination AE.

danilosa...@gmail.com

May 5, 2016, 10:22:28 AM5/5/16
to dcm4che
Use inotify to monitor directory. Then you can use dcmsnd to import images.