dcm4chee-arc-light Error 409, Dicom Object Upload

Kolawole Gbolahan

Jul 28, 2020, 2:32:40 AM7/28/20
to dcm4che
This is a new installation of running dcm4chee-arc-light. It throws Error 409 when i try to upload a dicom file. And no, it's not a repeat file.

Screenshot (10).png

Here are what i have discovered:

Sending via commandline (using choco and DCMTK) it returns success (see attached screenshot). However it reports C_STORE status unknown. C_ECHO works fine.

Screenshot (12).png

Looking at the server logs and tracing it to the DB logs shows that patient_pk_seq does not exist is responsible.

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (9).png

I took a look at the code line on sourceforge (https://sourceforge.net/p/dcm4che/mailman/dcm4che-commits/thread/E1U2koT-0003uo-2Q%40sfp-svn-1.v30.ch3.sourceforge.com/) and saw several lines of CREATE SEQUENCE patient_pk_seq;

Please can anyone shed light on resolving this??

Vrinda Nayak

Jul 28, 2020, 3:22:03 AM7/28/20
to dcm4che
This sequence (along with other sequences) is created when you initialize the database. Please verify if you had initialized all the scripts correctly as described.

Kolawole Gbolahan

Jul 28, 2020, 3:59:23 AM7/28/20
to dcm4che

Screenshot (13).png

I followed the setup instructions for "Run Secured Archive on a Single Host". I connected to the postgre server with pgAdmin and found no sequences on the database, though i found tables all there. Do i still need to run the script in the link you shared? (just double checking with you). Thanks

Vrinda Nayak

Jul 28, 2020, 5:10:14 AM7/28/20
to dcm4che
If you have installed archive using docker then you don't need to run the scripts separately.

gunterze

Jul 28, 2020, 5:35:52 AM7/28/20
to dcm4che
Not reproducible:

$ docker-compose exec db psql pacsdb pacs
psql (10.12 (Debian 10.12-2.pgdg90+1))
Type "help" for help.

pacsdb=# \d patient_pk_seq
                       Sequence "public.patient_pk_seq"
  Type  | Start | Minimum |       Maximum       | Increment | Cycles? | Cache
--------+-------+---------+---------------------+-----------+---------+-------
 bigint |     1 |       1 | 9223372036854775807 |         1 | no      |     1

Kolawole Gbolahan

Jul 28, 2020, 6:22:33 AM7/28/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Screenshot (15).png

Following your example; i checked for some of the sequences here. this is the output. Seems there are no sequences initialized on the db.

Gunter Zeilinger

Jul 28, 2020, 6:44:33 AM7/28/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Seems, there was a failure in running the DB initialization script:

$ docker run --rm -it dcm4che/postgres-dcm4chee:12.2-22 tail /docker-entrypoint-initdb.d/10_create-psql.sql -n20
create sequence mwl_item_pk_seq;
create sequence patient_id_pk_seq;
create sequence patient_pk_seq;
create sequence person_name_pk_seq;
create sequence queue_msg_pk_seq;
create sequence rejected_instance_pk_seq;
create sequence retrieve_task_pk_seq;
create sequence series_pk_seq;
create sequence series_query_attrs_pk_seq;
create sequence series_req_pk_seq;
create sequence soundex_code_pk_seq;
create sequence stgcmt_result_pk_seq;
create sequence stgver_task_pk_seq;
create sequence study_pk_seq;
create sequence study_query_attrs_pk_seq;
create sequence subscription_pk_seq;
create sequence uidmap_pk_seq;
create sequence ups_pk_seq;
create sequence ups_request_pk_seq;
create sequence verify_observer_pk_seq;

on first startup of the container. You may check the logs:

$ docker-compose logs db

or  just re-initialize the DB by deleting the mapped-out DB data directory and restart the container.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Jul 28, 2020, 7:15:38 AM7/28/20
to dcm4che
This resolves the issue. Thanks
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dcm...@googlegroups.com.

Surya Reddy

Nov 23, 2023, 4:15:33 AM11/23/23
to dcm4che
Could you please explain me how you have fixed this.

gbolahan...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2023, 4:50:11 AM11/23/23
to dcm4che
The set of commands provided by gunterze helps create the sequences needed by dcm4chee.

This is old and was peculiar to the server i was using at the time.