DICOM/PACS viewer certification in Europe

Maikel Zweerink

Aug 5, 2013, 11:25:27 AM8/5/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi fokes,

During my internship i created an lightweight PACS/DICOM viewer. Now that i'm finished with this project the company wants to certificate this viewer and use in the medical field.

However, i cant find any documentation about the requirements. I thought you'd might know some more about these requirements (for example screen kalibration?) and where i can find those.

Thanks in advance,
Maikel

Michael Knapp

Aug 6, 2013, 4:11:33 AM8/6/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
The company is required to be ISO 13485 certified: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_13485

Alessandro Neri

Aug 6, 2013, 6:22:21 AM8/6/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Maikel Zweerink

Aug 8, 2013, 3:05:47 AM8/8/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply, but i cant really figure out what this means.

Is it required to have certification when the viewer is only used for reviews?

Arnold Maderthaner

Aug 13, 2013, 10:04:58 AM8/13/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I think thats depending on your country but in most afaik you need to have a CE certificate also for reviewing.