5.22.1 installation not possible, ldap import errors

art_data

May 10, 2020, 6:08:57 AM5/10/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
dcm4chee-arc-5.22.1-mysql.
Instalation not posible, ldap import error. When i probaly import default-config.ldif get 1064 errors

P.S. I don’t understand what is the point of using ldap to store the configuration. This creates a huge amount of problems for installation and updating in future. Why couldn't you use SQL database as many other manufacturers do to store configuration and settings?
CentOS 8.1 has already abandoned the openldap-server package

ApacheDirectoryStudio_EUMw3FFwTw.png

art_data

May 10, 2020, 8:56:41 AM5/10/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I found an error in the installation instructions ($DCM4CHEE instead of $DCM4CHEE_ARC). and did not pay attention to the output of ldapadd
firefox_ccDyQ0gDNd.png

Gunter Zeilinger

May 11, 2020, 2:50:41 AM5/11/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Fixed, Thx.

In our >5 year experience with country-wide archive installations, we never faced any problem with OpenLDAP slpad - in opposite to the used SQL databases, were we have to buy support from companies specialized on that particular DB to setup clustering, tune configuration parameters and solve rising issues appropriate.

BTW, the reported issue does not seem to be caused by OpenLDAP, but by Ubuntu's packaging...

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.