Query / Retrieve in Dcm4che 3

Rémi SURGET

Dec 22, 2015, 6:00:58 AM12/22/15
to dcm4che
Hello,

I am working with the Dcm4che 3.3.7 version and trying to implement a Query / Retrieve, but I am not able to find the  Dcm4che 3 tool for the Quert / Retrieve.

In Dcm4che 2, the tool is called dcmqr, is there an equivalent for Dcm4che 3 ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rémi

fleetwoodfc

Dec 22, 2015, 6:20:22 AM12/22/15
to dcm4che
dcm4che3 has:
findscu for query
getscu and movescu for retrieve.

Rémi SURGET

Dec 22, 2015, 7:38:47 AM12/22/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you fleetwoodfc.
I already took a look at these tools, but the Query / Retrieve is not as simple as 1 find followed by 1 get or move command.

If the find query is not based on UID, for example on Patient Name and that the Query Retrieve Level is let's say on Series level, you need several C-Find requests.

Moreover, you have to take into account the query options parameters. See extended negociation at AAssociateRQ level :
rq.addExtendedNegotiation(new ExtendedNegotiation(cuid,
                   QueryOption.toExtendedNegotiationInformation(queryOptions)));
So if the relational query is allowed by the remote C-Find SCP "the C-FIND Service will allows any combination of keys at any level in the hierarchy."

The last point is that the SCU shall be prepared to filter C-FIND responses when the SCP fails to support an Optional Key specified in the C-FIND request.

As far as I know the Dcmqr tool was able to handle these particular points, so I was wondering if the same tool was already available in the dcm4che 3.3.7 version or if I have to "migrate" the Dcmqr tool ?

Rémi

Rémi SURGET

Dec 22, 2015, 9:57:18 AM12/22/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
To be more precise, I am looking for an equivalent of the query() method of the DcmQR class.
Here are the dcm4che 2.0.25 version, see line 1534 :

Arash Jalalian

Feb 19, 2016, 7:37:23 PM2/19/16
to dcm4che
Hi did you find the query() in version 3?
Message has been deleted