Amazon S3 with dcm4chee

jonm...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2012, 6:48:35 PM12/13/12
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I have come across this page and am very interested in using S3 with dcm4chee.  I have 3 questions about it.
1.  When will this be available in the production release?
2.  How stable is the version in the sandbox link provided at the top of the page.
3.  If I were to build what has already been done, what are there any build instructions?  I am assuming you are using Eclipse, but when I try and open the project I checked out from SVN, it would appear that I need other projects built as well.  I'm not super familiar with Eclipse, so some specific build steps would be much appreciated.  If it can be built with either ant or maven instead, please let me know that (although I don't see a pom or build file).

I'm very excited to use this technology, and any updates would be greatly appreciated.

On another note, if this is not available soon how would I go about doing nearline storage in general over an HTTP connection?  Are there any instructions available?

Thanks

Rob McLear

Feb 26, 2013, 12:39:13 PM2/26/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Is there any reply to this post from December? I am also interested in the S3 HSM module, was hoping it would be released at some point. I'm using s3fs for S3 storage as a NEARLINE file system right now, but I'm finding it is not as stable as I'd hoped, and the mount point disconnects randomly.

So, either some build instructions for the S3 HSM module would be great, or releasing it would be great, but if it is a dead project I would love to know that too so I can try and figure out a better S3 solution.

Thanks,

-Rob

jonm...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2013, 3:47:43 PM4/2/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I was able to get it working with some slight modifications based on the article referenced.  Specifically, these notes worked for me.

a.  replace all references to dcm4chee.archive:service=FileCopyHSMModule,type=S3 with dcm4chee.archive:service=FileCopyHSMModule,type=CLOUD
b.  the tar path referenced as tar:/storage/nearline, can be set to anything.  I have even set it to tar:S3.  As long as it is consistent it'll work.

Hopefully that'll help.

On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:18:54 PM UTC-7, pacs.ma...@gmail.com wrote:
Bump....
Any word on this?