query/c-move queue

Rich Rosenbaum

Sep 19, 2013, 11:09:27 AM9/19/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Main question - after someone queries dcm4chee, then tries to retrieve a study, what happens? Does the study go into the MoveSCU queue?

Situation ( the majority of these are MG):

Studies from site A are manually pushed via dcm4chee-web3 to site B. The connection between A and B is REALLY fast. If nothing is in the queue, and I send multiple MGs to site B, they go really fast. I assume these studies go into the move queue.

Studies from site C are queried/retrieved from site A. The connection between A and C is really slow. Do these studies going to site C go into the move queue?

If someone from site C is retrieving a lot of studies, do they basically "wait in line" to go, and are the studies being "exported" to Site B have to wait for the studies in front of them to finish?

Is this process linear, meaning is the first one in the first one out?

I'm trying to determine the possible causes of the queue all of a sudden really backing up and seemingly taking forever to go down.

Thanks,

Rich

fleetwoodfc

Sep 19, 2013, 3:10:42 PM9/19/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Web3 does have its own MoveSCU and queue.
You can view the archive move queue from the web3 dashboard.
They do basically "wait in line" to go.
If you have a slow network and are moving large files then the queue will back up.
Failed studies are subject to the RetryIntervals that have been defined for the MoveSCU.
On slower links make sure you are not getting dimse timeouts - if you are then increase the DIMSETimeout value.
Default process concurrency is 1 - can be changed.

Rich Rosenbaum

Sep 20, 2013, 10:33:56 AM9/20/13
Not sure I follow the first part of your response "Web3 does have its own MoveSCU and queue."

It seems doing a manual export of a study puts it in the move queue. But what is the process of the study when someone retrieves it via a q/r from something like Osirix? Does it go into the same queue?

Additionally FYI, I'm not getting any fails, nor dimse timeouts.  --- thanks