radiology report for DCM4CHEE?

Peat Stephensons

Feb 26, 2018, 6:32:43 AM2/26/18
to dcm4che
Hi
I'm a doctor who really new to DCM4CHEE.
I just installed DCM4CHEE with WEASIS and wonder how to add radiology report for study.
Is there anyway to do that?

Thanks
Peat

lfd

Mar 1, 2018, 9:38:49 AM3/1/18
to dcm4che
Hello,
You can do it using the txt2dcmsr tool and send it with patient data, but it is a very tedious way to do it when you have many studies.

Someone help us with some simpler tool ??

Peat Stephensons

Mar 18, 2018, 11:53:38 PM3/18/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks
I'm very newbie on tech. could you give me a instruction to install txt2dcmsr?
Regards,

Tamás Sipos

Mar 19, 2018, 12:10:36 PM3/19/18
to dcm4che
txt2dcmsr is not a program to install, it's basically just a command line tool that is part of the dcm4che-2.x toolkit. More info about it as well as a usage example you can find here. To use txt2dcmsr, you have to download dcm4che-2.x from here, and after extracting it you just navigate to txt2dcmsr and execute it from the command line like in the example:

txt2dcmsr -c txt2dcmsr.cfg report.txt report.dcm

(I never have used it so can't help you any further, good luck, I hope it will work.)

fleetwoodfc

Mar 20, 2018, 7:35:51 AM3/20/18
to dcm4che
DCM4CHEE can interface with Radiology Reporting systems in 2 ways:
1. DICOM Interface where the report is sent in a DICOM Structured Report or Encapsulated PDF object
2. HL7 where the report is sent in an HL7 ORU or MDM message.

The best  'low-cost' reporting system that I'm aware of is OSIRIX (or one of it's open source variants). This is only available for MAC computers though.

Pi Shetshotisak

Apr 3, 2018, 11:30:58 PM4/3/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
So Horos is available for reporting?
Actually I have a small clinic buying a OsiriX MD license per year is over my budget. But if it need MAC computer for only first time this may fine for me.
Thanks

Antonio Gonzalez

Apr 4, 2018, 10:55:44 AM4/4/18
to dcm4che
Hello

As fleetwoodfc  tells you, you can use osirix or horos, but you should bear in mind that:

1.- OsiriX uses its own report engine integrated with the latest version of office, pages and libreoffice

2.- Horos, on the other hand, has not evolved the reporting engine and only works with the versions of word 2011, pages 6 and not very well with libreoffice.

If you want to report standalone with a mac, I recommend you use osirix

regards

On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 6:32:43 AM UTC-5, Peat Stephensons wrote:
Hi
I'm a doctor who really new to DCM4CHEE.
I just installed DCM4CHEE with WEASIS and wonder how to add radiology report for study.
Is there anyway to do that?

Thanks
Peat

Pi Shetshotisak

Apr 8, 2018, 11:14:06 PM4/8/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Ok thanks for your information

Funky Koval

Oct 2, 2020, 7:37:45 AM10/2/20
to dcm4che
Fletwood, can I use one ORU (instead MDM) to get both: text and Base64 pdf report ?
something like:
OBX|1|FT||||repport textt etc.|||
OBX|2|ED|||app^pdf^base64^pdf_report_base64_ksdfksdfksdskdkfsldkf||