Weasis 3.7.1 not loading images in DCM4CHEE 5 integration

NTJ

Jun 25, 2021, 12:04:25 PM6/25/21
to dcm4che
Hello,

I have deployed dcm4chee-arc-psql:5.23.3-secure dockerized(using docker-compose) on ubuntu 20.04 VM. Also installed Weasis 3.7.1 using native installer deb file.
Performed Weasis integration(configured docker-compose.env) as per https://nroduit.github.io/en/basics/customize/integration/#download-directly-with-dicomweb-restful-services
Looks like everything works fine except Weasis integration, i.e. when I click the viewer icon in the DCM4CHEE web portal, Weasis 3.7.1 viewer launches a blank window without loading any images. What am I doing wrong? can someone help me to figure out the issue?
My docker-compose.env attached below:

STORAGE_DIR=/storage/fs1
POSTGRES_DB=pacsdb
POSTGRES_USER=pacs
POSTGRES_PASSWORD=pacs
AUTH_SERVER_URL=https://192.168.0.57:8843/auth
IID_PATIENT_URL=weasis://$dicom:rs --url "{{qidoBaseURL}}{{qidoBasePath}}" -r "patientID={{patientID}}" --query-ext "\&includedefaults=false" -H "Authorization: Bearer {{access_token}}"
IID_STUDY_URL=weasis://$dicom:rs --url "{{qidoBaseURL}}{{qidoBasePath}}" -r "studyUID={{studyUID}}" --query-ext "\&includedefaults=false" -H "Authorization: Bearer {{access_token}}"
IID_URL_TARGET=_self

Nicolas Roduit

Jun 27, 2021, 3:37:30 PM6/27/21
to dcm4che
Please provide logs.

NTJ

Jun 29, 2021, 5:07:19 AM6/29/21
to dcm4che
Please find the attached files.

Thank you
boot-0.0.log
boot-1.0.log
default.log
server.log

Nicolas Roduit

Jun 30, 2021, 2:28:36 AM6/30/21
to dcm4che
The base DICOMWeb URL is missing => /dcm4chee-arc/aets/DCM4CHEE/rs

It is like {{qidoBaseURL}} is empty.

NTJ

Jul 1, 2021, 12:49:47 AM7/1/21
to dcm4che
Thanks for the info, please advice:
1.  if the {{qidoBaseURL}} in docker-compose.env  needs to be replaced by the actual value (/dcm4chee-arc/aets/DCM4CHEE/rs) or is it specified in a separate line?
2.  what about {{qidoBasePath}}, what is the actual value and is it required to specify the actual value in the docker-compose.env?
3. it would be very helpful if you can share an example of a working configuration.

Nicolas Roduit

Jul 1, 2021, 1:46:15 AM7/1/21
to dcm4che
It was working with before dcm4chee 5.23.3. In Chrome console you can see
Sélection_087.png

It seems to be a bug in dcm4chee UI.

Shefki Esadi

Jul 5, 2021, 8:30:44 AM7/5/21
to dcm4che
Hi,

with the new release the archive UI is no longer included in the EAR deployment, but provided in a separate WAR deployment (see issue and releases ).

That means that the UI and the Archive doesn't have the same "base" URL  anymore. The `qidoBaseURL` is extracted in the first place from the selected Web Application  (`Web Application Network Connection(s)`) if that dosen't exist it is taken from the UI baseURL (I assume that in this case your Web Application dosen't have any Network Connections assegined to it).

So go to the Configuration page of the UI, click on the archive device, create a new connection (Child Objects-> Network Connections), by setting the needed host and port (for the qidoBaseURL), change the Protocol to HTTP in to the `Network Connection Extension`.
Than go to your WebApplication and check the newly added connection, and try to open the Viewer in the `Navigation` page again.

Best Regards
Shefki Esadi

Nicolas Roduit

Jul 11, 2021, 1:12:43 PM7/11/21
to dcm4che
Thanks for the feedback. However, after configuring I always get an empty variable.
I put qidoBaseURL as name, is it correct?