Add/Modify tags to the MPPS message

Pcliga Per

Jan 19, 2016, 11:08:06 AM1/19/16
to dcm4che
Hello,

I know it's a common question, but I've not been able to make it works.

Basically, I need to generate a HL7 message when a new exam arrives to the PACS, I've configured MPPSEmulator + MPPS2ORM + HL7Send services and everything is up and running, but I would need to get the DICOM TAG related to the Body Part: 0018 0015 which is not include on the MPPS message.

I tried using coercion cstorerq.xls.

Initially, I tried creating new private DICOM tags according with: https://dcm4che.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ee2/DICOM+Attribute+Filter but those werent' added to the MPPS message, so I guessed it's generated by code, so you cannot modify the tags.

Then, I tried to reuse one of the TAGS I don't need in the MPPS message, for example: 0040 0254, then I changed the cstorerq.xls as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- Adding the Body Part TAG to the MPPS -->
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">
    <xsl:output method="xml" indent="no"/>
    <xsl:template match="/dataset">
        <dataset>
            <xsl:variable name="bodypartexamined" select="normalize-space(attr[@tag='00180015'])"/>
            <attr tag="00400254" vr="LO"><xsl:value-of select="$bodypartexamined"/></attr>
        </dataset>
    </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

But it's not working, does someone know how to solve it?

Extra ball: I would like to know if the private tags can work with MPPS too

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Pcliga Per

Jan 29, 2016, 9:40:01 AM1/29/16