Is it possible to compression image when receive it?

MaLai KuangRen

May 25, 2016, 11:35:13 PM5/25/16
to dcm4che

All .Forgive me I am the newbie in the dcm4chee. I had succeeded in installing the dcm4chee in my computer. and c-store scp work well.

But I want to know Is it possible to compression image when receiving it? I want all the image receive in the dcm4chee compression to jpeg2000.

How to make it ? Thanks.

Best Regards,
Joe

fleetwoodfc

May 26, 2016, 9:31:28 AM5/26/16
to dcm4che
This is configured by the CompressionRules attribute of the service=StoreSCP via the jmx-console (http://localhost:8080/jmx-console)

MaLai KuangRen

May 26, 2016, 10:53:32 PM5/26/16
to dcm4che
It works exactly what I expect. Thanks.

Ramesh R

Apr 7, 2018, 3:54:22 AM4/7/18
to dcm4che
On a large system where several modalities (say 20+) are sending images to dcm4chee, is it recommended to do the compression as it arrives? Has anyone configured dcm4chee for such use cases and succeeded without any runtime issues such as OutOfMemoryError or crashes?

Dr Suresh Viswanathan

Apr 12, 2018, 2:34:34 PM4/12/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Unless space is a major concern, you can go with delayed compression. dcm4chee will schedule it typically during the night when resources are less taxed.

Suresh.

Gunter Zeilinger