Trigger forwarding on images already in PACS

Maximilien Renard

Jan 30, 2015, 11:10:06 AM1/30/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Is it possible to configure dcm4chee in such a way that, when receiving images on a certain AET and those images are already present in dcm4chee, the forward is triggered anyway?
The current behaviour I observe is that if the image is already present in dcm4chee, the forward is not done.

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Maximilien

fleetwoodfc

Jan 30, 2015, 12:25:31 PM1/30/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
There is the ForwardByQuery service where you can use a DB query to forward existing studies.
You can also forward priors for a newly received study using the forward2 service and xsl files.

Maximilien Renard

Jan 30, 2015, 1:04:32 PM1/30/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the fast answer!

I already knew about those two mechanism but I'm not sure of how I could use them to achieve what I want?

Perhaps I was not clear enough so let me try to explain it differently.

Let's say my PACS (aet: PACSFORWARD) already contains two studies (accession number respectively ACCNUM1 and ACCNUM2) for the same patient PATIENTA. Now, I resend the study ACCNUM1 to PACSFORWARD and I'd like it to trigger the forwarding rule that is defined in service "Forward". I don't need to forward any other series or study, just trigger the forward mechanism for the files I'm sending regardless of whether they are already present in the PACS or not.

1) Is that possible? If yes, how?
2) Will ForwardByQuery or Forward2 be helpfull and if yes, can you briefly explain what I should try to do?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Maximilien