How to limit the MWL Query fetch size?

Deeps

Jan 27, 2020, 5:38:24 AM1/27/20
to dcm4che
Hi,

      Is it possible to set a fetch size for MWL Query? I followed the steps in https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/wiki/C-FIND-Query and set the value of Query Max Number Of Results. I tried using the findscu tool to test the functionality. I set the fetch size to 10 and when I tried a blank query, it gives me error for Study level retrieval, because there are more than 10 results. The command used for retrieving Studies: findscu -c AET@localhost:11112 -- ../etc/findscu/study.xml

status=c000H, errorComment=Request entity too large

But if I am trying MWL Query retrieval it displays more results than the set value 10. The command used for querying MWL:
findscu -M MWL -c AET@localhost:11112 -- ../etc/findscu/mwl.xml

How can I restrict the number of MWL query results?

Gunter Zeilinger

Jan 27, 2020, 6:47:56 AM1/27/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Actually, Query Max Number Of Results is not related with the fetch size used in the DB query for matching composite object, but it causes an prepending check, if the number of matching records exceeds a given number, and reject the query in that case. There is no such feature implemented for MWL queries.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Jan 28, 2020, 12:47:06 AM1/28/20
to dcm4che

Hi Gunter,

         If this feature (restricting the number of MWL query results) can be provided by dcm4chee-arc-light, that would be very helpful.

Gunter Zeilinger

Jan 28, 2020, 3:37:32 AM1/28/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
What's the use case? In opposite to archives, work-lists do not accumulate entities over time, so the number of returned matches is always limited.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Jan 29, 2020, 3:06:25 AM1/29/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
There is some issue with your workflow, if completed work items does not get removed from the worklist.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Jan 29, 2020, 4:56:21 AM1/29/20
to dcm4che

Thank you Gunter.

But the issue we faced in dcm4che 2.x was that, when initiating a blank MWL query(without any filters), it used to display all the items in mwl_item table(ie, with sps_status 0 and 4). Even the completed items used to get displayed in dcm4che 2.x which used to create OOM issue. That is the reason why we required a method for restricting the MWL query results in dcm4che 5.x.

Gunter Zeilinger

Jan 29, 2020, 5:04:54 AM1/29/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
By default, Hide SPS with Status(s) is configured as { STARTED, DEPARTED, CANCELLED DISCONTINUED, COMPLETED }

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Okay, So in dcm4che 5.x MWL queries will retrieve only items with sps_status 0. Thank you Gunter.

Gunter Zeilinger

Jan 29, 2020, 6:53:44 AM1/29/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Okay, So in dcm4che 5.x MWL queries will retrieve only items with sps_status 0. Thank you Gunter.

also with sps_status 1 -.ARRIVED and 2 - READY.