Unable to initiate communication at port 104

Marina Mota

Oct 8, 2019, 2:06:43 PM10/8/19
to dcm4che
I want to connect the Workstation with the DCM4CHEE, to consume the MWL Itens from the AETITLE SCHEDULEDSTATION using the port 104, but I am not able to establish a TCP connect with 104. Have anyone here the same problem? I've tried another port for SCHEDULEDSTATION changing in LDAP configuration but I still not able to establish a connection.

Alvaro G [Andor]

Oct 8, 2019, 2:42:39 PM10/8/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Marina,

There are two standard DICOM ports: 104 and 11112.

In the case of dcm4chee you'll probably find the 11112 as the default DICOM port if you haven't changed it. Try that one.

Have a nice day

On 10/8/19 8:06 PM, Marina Mota wrote:
I want to connect the Workstation with the DCM4CHEE, to consume the MWL Itens from the AETITLE SCHEDULEDSTATION using the port 104, but I am not able to establish a TCP connect with 104. Have anyone here the same problem? I've tried another port for SCHEDULEDSTATION changing in LDAP configuration but I still not able to establish a connection.

Marina Mota

Alvaro G [Andor]

Oct 8, 2019, 7:42:45 PM10/8/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Marina,

Oh, I see! So you're trying to change your dcm4chee port to 104?

If I understand correctly, you can't even do a TCP connection to 104, nor you see it open if you do a 'netstat' or 'ss'. Isn't it?

You might be hitting a unix/linux peculiarity. Ports under '1024' are considered "privileged", so they can only be opened by processes owned by root. As running JBoss (or any other app server, for that matter) with a root user is a bad idea, if you really, really, need to use port 104, you could use an iptables rule to forward port 104 to 11112, or a TCP load balancer or proxy.

Hope that helps.

Have a nice day.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dcm4che/0bd4a1f5-81a1-434d-8474-a25e5f1b020b%40googlegroups.com.

Marina Mota

Oct 9, 2019, 11:48:22 AM10/9/19
to dcm4che
Hi,

I can't do a TCP connection to 104 using DCM4cHEE. With a socket server code on python I am able to do it using "sudo".

I've changed the port of SCHEDULEDSTATION port to 11113 using the follow ldif file, to test with if it was a "privileged" problem but I still no able to connect with this AETitle

dn: cn=dicom,dicomDeviceName=scheduledstation,cn=Devices,cn=DICOM Configuration,dc=dcm4che,dc=org
changetype: modify
replace: dicomPort
dicomPort: 11113

My idea to connect with a certain AETitle is to have "worklist groups" as in this issue: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/dcm4che/marina.pes...@gmail.com%7Csort:date/dcm4che/5sWxKmOhyhw/3nn7jlSQBwAJ

With that I would send a MWL Item to DCM4CHEE specifying the "ScheduledStationName", so at the WorkStation I would configure with this "AETitle"   (As in the image in attached). This way each workstation of the hospital would see just a few MWL Items.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-09 at 12.36.41.jpeg

Alvaro G [Andor]

Oct 10, 2019, 12:21:29 PM10/10/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Marina,

So your problem is not specific to port 104, but to changing your DICOM port. I haven't changed it on dcm4chee v5, but maybe somebody here can enlighten us on the procedure, or if you were missing something.

Have a nice day.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dcm4che/e266e6ee-87c6-4d38-a7fb-71e3dd13dcf1%40googlegroups.com.