Opening remote zip file with Weasis

Alessio

Aug 16, 2018, 6:11:09 AM8/16/18
to dcm4che
Hello.
Weasis allow to open ZIP files and directly display dicom images contained in such file.
Using the WEB distribution, it is possible to load remote (or local) images using "image:get" command defined in the jnlp file.
If the specified file is a ZIP file, the behavior is different from opening the zip file from File -> Open -> Import DICOM, in fact the zip file will be opened by the archive manager installed in the local PC.
There are no ways to import a remote (this is what I'm trying to achieve) zip file using WEB distribution of weasis, defining some option in the jnlp launcher?

Thanks,
A.

Nicolas Roduit

Aug 21, 2018, 1:51:07 AM8/21/18
to dcm4che
Open DICOM ZIP is a local operation because it should contain a DICOMDIR with local references.

Prefer to use WADO to get images over the network.

Alessio

Aug 21, 2018, 3:03:29 AM8/21/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 7:51 AM Nicolas Roduit <nicolas...@gmail.com> wrote:
Open DICOM ZIP is a local operation because it should contain a DICOMDIR with local references.

Prefer to use WADO to get images over the network.

You are right.
I was simply wondering if it was possible to directly handle the downloaded zip file, dealing with it as if it was local.
However it is not possible.

Thanks,
A.