Storage DICOM

Wanderton Vasconcelos

Apr 12, 2017, 8:15:36 AM4/12/17
to dcm4che

Greetings, I am a beginner user, but I already set up a DCM4CHEE version 2.18.1-psql server installed on windows servre 2008 r2, and I would like to build another CDM4CHEE server, both servers being used only as storage.
I wonder, what is the best version of DCM4CHEE to mount a storage?
The newest version is dcm4che3? How do I install it on a windows server? I do not find the tutorials or tutorial for your installation.
Thanks for the help!

fleetwoodfc

Apr 14, 2017, 6:39:26 AM4/14/17
to dcm4che

"At the core of the dcm4che project is a robust implementation of the DICOM standard. The dcm4che-1.x and dcm4che-2.x DICOM toolkit is used in many production applications across the world, while the current (3.x) version of the toolkit has been re-architected for high performance and flexibility.

Also contained within the dcm4che project is dcm4chee (the extra 'e' stands for 'enterprise'). dcm4chee is an Image Manager/Image Archive (according to IHE). The application contains the DICOMHL7 services and interfaces that are required to provide storage, retrieval, and workflow to a healthcare environment."

Basically the dcm4che releases, 1.x,2.x and 3.x, do not require installation as they provide a collection of standalone utility applications (run from the bin folder) e.g storescp - you can run this utility and specify AE,IP and Port plus a destination folder. You can send dicom files to it and it will store them but that's all it will do - nor Q/R capability.

In general if you already know how to install/use dcm4chee 2.18.x then this is a very good solution for archiving.

Wanderton Vasconcelos

Apr 17, 2017, 9:12:09 AM4/17/17
to dcm4che
Greetings, first I would like to thank you for the help, but now there are some more doubts.
I downloaded it to test dcm4che-3.3.8-bin but I could not do the same thing.
Could you suggest an internet tutorial on how to make the dcm4che-3.3.8-bin version work or give me a step by step how to use it?
Thanks for the help!