How to setup jpeg2000 compression rate in wado retrieve with Weasis 1.2.8

medrad

Jan 23, 2014, 5:36:15 AM1/23/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Using weasis 1.2.8 to retrieve images from osirix web portal, i cannot set jpeg2000 compression rate. In older versions, it was possible to set this option in Files/Preferences/Wado, which was accesible activating superuser preferences in the weasis.jnlp osirix template, buit it seems this option does not works anymore.
I would appreciate any help.

nicolas...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2014, 10:32:06 AM1/25/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
It should work if you add in jnlp the following argument:
<argument>-VMPweasis.user.prefs="superuser"</argument>

or in Java VM arguments:  -Dweasis.user.prefs="superuser"

medrad

Jan 26, 2014, 7:04:47 AM1/26/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Dear Nicolas:

It worked, adding the "superuser" argument in jnlp template.  It seems i was using a syntax valid only  for older version(1.1.1).
Thanks very much for your kindly help!
Amilcar.

nicolas...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2014, 2:04:13 AM1/27/14
This feature is not official because the result is unexpected (as PACS has different implementations of jpeg2000). I don't remember if Osirix do it correctly.

medrad

Jan 27, 2014, 4:32:01 AM1/27/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Dear Nicolas:

I´ve been doing some experimentation, and  it seems to work fine, at least in Osirix versions 5.7.1 y 5.8.1 and  provided that  the original images are in uncompressed format in the osirix pacs, allowing you to retrieve them, compressed in the ratio you choose in file/preferences/wado (people interested in this feature should take in mind, that compressing to a quality lower than 70% affects image quality significantly for brain scans, although they are still acceptable for chest/abdomen scan for clinical viewing)

On the other hand, I noticed that if images were already compressed in jpeg2000 in the osirix pacs; weasis app always retrieves them with the original compression ratio regardless wether the compression rate you are setting in preferences. What is more,  if they are already compressed, you really don´t have to activate preferences in weasis.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Danilo Cândido

Jan 27, 2014, 8:04:51 AM1/27/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,

Where is the Weasis JNLP template in dcm4chee? I would like to set this argument...

Thank you

Danilo

nicolas...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2014, 8:34:29 AM1/27/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, January 27, 2014 10:32:01 AM UTC+1, medrad wrote:

[...]

I guess it is because Osirix always use the lossy jpeg2000 syntax even for lossless images.

nicolas...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2014, 8:38:31 AM1/27/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
You need to follow the instructions here (Configure Weasis), add in weasis-jnlp.xml.