dcm4chee not listing any study

jhleg...@vicomtech.org

May 10, 2017, 5:35:16 AM5/10/17
to dcm4che
Hi,
I was able to use the dcm4chee-arc-psql docker container [1] to configure the dcm4chee DICOM node. I apparently configured correctly the corresponding AE titles both in the dcm4chee-arc-ui Device list and the OsiriX and 3rd party eVida [2] DICOM viewers in order to be able to send studies to dcm4chee.

However, OsiriX throws an error when I try to store any given study in dcm4chee:
DICOM Send Error
DICOM StoreSCU operation failed.

DICOM Network Failure (STORE-SCU)
SCU Failed 6:203 DIMSE Badly formed message

I haven't found any relevant information/solution to the issue.

Although eVida was also throwing a similar error according to the logs available in the Wildfly application server, I apparently sent successfully some study this morning.

Attached is a screenshot of the dcm4chee and OsiriX AE title configuration, and the relevant log that shows the messages between OsiriX/eVida and dcm4chee.

I am both interested in knowing which is the interpretation of the errors I'm getting in OsiriX and why, if a study was successfully stored in dcm4chee, I cannot see it listed.

Thanks,
Jon

[1] https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/wiki/Running-on-Docker
[2] http://www.emedicahealth.com/evida/evida-viewer-3d
dcm4chee_server.log
OsiriX_DCM4CHEE_config.png
dcm4chee_AE_list.png

gunterze

May 10, 2017, 9:29:18 AM5/10/17
to dcm4che
: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Storage configured with ID:null

=> Something is wrong with your Storage configuration.

Guess you mismatch the versions of the slapd and archive docker images. For latests released archive version 5.10.1 you have to use dcm4che/slapd-dcm4chee:2.4.40-10.1 . dcm4che/slapd-dcm4chee:latest already contains the configuration for 5.10.2, with a changed storage configuration, caused by Enable to configure multiple Storage Systems for an AE .

gunter

jhleg...@vicomtech.org

May 10, 2017, 11:03:38 AM5/10/17
to dcm4che
Thanks for the answer Gunter.

However, as recommended yesterday in another thread, I am using the sample configuration file provided in Running on Docker [1], which installs the slapd-dcm4chee:2.4.40-10.1 image you mention

docker ps -a

shows that slapd is listenning on port 389, as expected, I guess:

db13bad29067     dcm4che/slapd-dcm4chee:2.4.40-10.1      "/docker-entrypoin..."   32 hours ago      Up 32 hours     0.0.0.0:389->389/tcp

Jon

[1] https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/wiki/Running-on-Docker

Gunter Zeilinger

May 11, 2017, 2:18:55 AM5/11/17
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Are you sure that you initialized the LDAP data with the 10.1 container and not with 10.2? The container only initialize the LDAP server at startup if there is not already LDAP data in the - typically mapped out - directory /var/lib/ldap!

jhleg...@vicomtech.org

May 11, 2017, 5:27:37 AM5/11/17
to dcm4che
Thanks for the suggestion Gunter.

I am pretty sure I was using the 10.1 container since I shut down the docker images at several stages earlier with
sudo docker-compose down

However, I tried shutting down and starting once again this morning, and that seemed to make the trick: I have been able to send some studies to dcm4chee.

Jon
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to dcm4che+u...@googlegroups.com.

gunterze

May 11, 2017, 5:49:17 AM5/11/17
to dcm4che
The question is not what version of the container you are running now, but if you removed the directories with the LDAP data before starting version 10.1, if you did not change the volume mapping to the previous use with 10.2.

gunter