dcm4chee-arc-5 with Java OpenJDK deployment failure

leogrande

Apr 22, 2019, 11:02:51 AM4/22/19
to dcm4che
Ubuntu 18.04
dcm4chee-arc 5.16.0 Wildfly 12 Keycloak 5

A couple of weeks ago, I have switched to OpenJDK 11 fro Oracle JDK 1.8 and everything was fine until today, at least I have discovered it today. All of a sudden, dcm4chee-arc  5 stopped working.

Reboot didn't help, the log was full of deployment errors.

I decided to switch back from OpenJDK 11 to Oracle JDK 8 and it helped.

It looks bad, really bad, especially considering a new Oracle licensing. I have no idea what happened over the weekend with OpenJDK, update or what? (considering that these Java versions both are from Oracle, ii rises some paranoid suspicions).

Maybe this is only me again, but just in case anyone needs to switch to Oracle JDK if both version are already installed on Linux machine:

sudo update-alternatives --config java

sudo nano /etc/environment ##to change JAVA_HOME

source /etc/environment

Is this an application that doesn't support OpenJDK or Oracle's bad actions, I do not know.