db for production implementations

Fabrizzio Salazar

Jun 4, 2014, 9:53:03 PM6/4/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
hello all

i have a couple of installations, using mysql as db (centos as o.s.), and i have been not any problem yet, i think mysql is a good db for production, but i don't have a lot of experience in the db part. what do you think is the best db for a big client, with a lot of transactions per day. until now , my clients have been small places, and i am a little worried with this new one.

i think this place receive about 120 k studies per year (i'm not so sure), maybe more (this is huge in my country)

if you consider mysql, what do you think about the engines (innodb or myisam).

any opinion will be appreciated.

Regards

Umberto Cappellini

Jun 5, 2014, 4:11:42 AM6/5/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Fabrizzio,

I would definitively go for innodb as myisam is nontransactional.
MySQL will have no problems to handle 120K studies per year, provided you configure it correctly.

Have a nice day,

Umberto

Fabrizzio Salazar

Jun 5, 2014, 9:11:28 AM6/5/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your quick answer Umberto.

do you think is there any limitations for mysql? talking about the number of records?

what could be a good configuration to handle big data?

thanks for your help , i appreciate that

Fs