Synology PACS app support?

Rob McLear

Nov 4, 2018, 8:40:01 AM11/4/18
to dcm4che
Is this the right venue for support for the Synology app?  I 'upgraded' to the current version which installs the light version of the archive and uses Docker, and it is not working at all. It will not start the PACS and it appears to be an issue with Docker but I've never needed to use or troubleshoot Docker before so I don't know where to start.

Would really appreciate any help offered, my previously stable and functioning PACS is now offline.

Thank you!

-Rob

Anon

Nov 6, 2018, 1:58:59 PM11/6/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I am having a problem too. I just bought a new 12 bay Synology NAS and installed the PACS app and it wont work. I see that they updated the PACS app but the new version does not work. I previously set up 2 other Synology NAS earlier this year that worked fine before they updated the PACS app. I would really appreciate any help because my customer bought a 12 bay NAS and its completely unusable. Thanks!

Andrea Venanzi

Nov 7, 2018, 9:34:11 AM11/7/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I think that the best thing to do is to install an older version of the PACS package with DCM4CHEE 2.18. Except for an initial permission issue, it work like a charm.

If you have trouble to find the package ask me, I will try so upload the package that I have in some server.

There is an official repository but it seems that Synology has removed all old version of PACS package.

Have a good day,

Andrea

Iván Peñaloza

Nov 7, 2018, 10:32:27 AM11/7/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Andrea, i am agree with you, the old version is solution for me. Can you post the link to download it?

Thank you

Iván

El 7 nov 2018, a la(s) 8:34, Andrea Venanzi <and.v...@gmail.com> escribió:

I think that the best thing to do is installa an old version of the package with DCM4CHEE 2.18. Except for an initial permission issue, it work like a charm.

If you have trouble to find the package ask me, I will try so upload the package that I have in some server.

There is an official repository but it seems that Synology has removed all old version of PACS package.

Have a good day,

Andrea

Andrea Venanzi

Nov 7, 2018, 11:56:23 AM11/7/18
to dcm4che
I don't know if my packages work with your Synology. I have an RS815+.

Anyway, here are the links of two versions that I saved:

I hope I have helped you.

Have a nice day,

Andrea

Rob McLear

Nov 8, 2018, 10:52:49 AM11/8/18
to dcm4che
Thank you for posting those. However I'm getting an error of 'invalid file format' if I try to manually install the .spk file using manual install in Package Center on DSM6.  Any suggestions?

Rob McLear

Nov 8, 2018, 10:54:37 AM11/8/18
to dcm4che
And, also, I see the developers are active on this forum, it would be awesome if they could chime in and either help us to troubleshoot this issue, or tell us that the Synology release is unsupported. Hard to put any faith in this distribution offered on the Synology store if there is literally no support for it.

Thanks,

-Rob McLear

Dr Suresh Viswanathan

Nov 11, 2018, 7:14:35 AM11/11/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
You’re right about the developers being active on this forum. However the Sonology package is not an official release from dcm4che team. It’s been created by an interested party like you and publicly released. As an open source project the developers do not have the time or resource to check it on all platforms.

Suresh.

Gustavo Fernandez Guirland

Nov 11, 2018, 8:53:14 AM11/11/18
to dcm4che
In full agreement with Suresh. Perhaps putting the dcm4chee either virtualized or version docker and as storage the NAS do not have the problems you mention. You can also migrate to dcm4chee-arc-light 5 which has many advantages. Regards

Rob McLear

Nov 11, 2018, 11:38:03 AM11/11/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! That is the part that was unclear. The Synology store just lists dcm4che.org as the developer and Synology as the publisher. I think it implies that the developer supports the release, which is clearly not correct.

Appreciate the response very much!

-Rob

Cameron

Nov 17, 2018, 12:06:18 PM11/17/18
to dcm4che
Hi Andrea,
Thank you so for posting the old version of DCM4CHEE that I was able to use it in my NAS.
Anyways, I am hoping either developers or pro who works for spk files used for Synology NAS would be able to help on new version of DCM4CHEE that uses Docker and keycloak.

Thanks

Adriano Ferreira

Jan 15, 2019, 6:52:28 PM1/15/19
to dcm4che
Hi guy, I'm afraid do update to the version 5 in my Synology, remaing the version 2.18, anyone work fine?
Thanks Adriano

khairulzaman abd.razak

Feb 23, 2019, 12:07:18 PM2/23/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
hi
do u have the latest pacs package for synology? i cant use the current version 5 cause error in keycloack

Luca Di Marino

May 15, 2019, 2:43:17 AM5/15/19
to dcm4che
Ciao Andrea, posso chiederti un consiglio sul PACS?

Kirill K

May 15, 2019, 3:00:12 AM5/15/19
to dcm4che
TL-DR: just forget about Synology packaged dcm4chee. Use J4care docker images.

Guys, just forget about Synology packaged DCM4CHEE, i have long conversation with their support about this matter, and the bottom line is - they will not support it as it shoud be supported and not even planning to do so. So i switched to "Synology" Docker + J4care docker images and everything works perfect. I have also made such installations for some people on this forum and they working ok as well.

Andrea Venanzi

May 15, 2019, 10:16:29 AM5/15/19
to dcm4che
Ciao Luca! Certamente, dimmi pure!

Hi Luca! Of course, what do you need?

Greg Ory

May 20, 2019, 11:13:23 AM5/20/19
to dcm4che
Hi Kirill,

I'm looking to make a lab for PACS, will you be ok to guide me ?

Thanks for your answer.

Kirill K

May 20, 2019, 11:35:50 AM5/20/19
to dcm4che
I have written an instruction, see if it is helpfull.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jDOg43VmAesxiVrUhMFCBLcsuIvsQrX_VNDJgYCoON4/edit?usp=sharing

Greg Ory

May 20, 2019, 11:40:24 AM5/20/19
to dcm4che
Thanks, i'm going to have a look on that link.

Greg Ory

May 20, 2019, 11:55:59 AM5/20/19
to dcm4che
I m lost at the 9 step.
How can i create the 2 fileS?
Once they are created, where do i have to paste them ?
Thx

Kirill K

May 20, 2019, 1:15:52 PM5/20/19
to dcm4che
You can create them in any editor, than copy to NAS via scp (comes with putty) or winscp, or create on NAS directly, DSM has vi and vim ebedded. You can place them pretty much anywhere, i personaly place them into pacs base directory

Greg Ory

May 21, 2019, 8:38:43 AM5/21/19
to dcm4che
Sorry i m a newbie in Linux command line and PACS.
Ok done, i have do it using the "touch" command.
So i have to edit docker-compose.yml and docker-compose.env ?
Because if i launch the docker command :
ERROR: Top level object in './docker-compose.yml' needs to be an object not '<type 'NoneType'>'.

Thx for your help.

Kirill K

May 21, 2019, 1:43:13 PM5/21/19
to dcm4che
Yes, the content of files provided in instruction (or on dcm4chee github)

dr duc

Feb 4, 2020, 10:36:16 AM2/4/20
to dcm4che
Hi Kirill K.
Follow your guide to the end
But i dont know how to upload my dicom file to dcm server
when i access <ip>:8080 it show me the page "welcome to wildfly"
Please help me

Kirill K

Feb 5, 2020, 1:01:37 AM2/5/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi
The address of pacs UI is http://<ip or host name>:8080/dcm4chee-arc/ui2 not just 8080

dr duc

Feb 5, 2020, 3:53:39 AM2/5/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi. I also access this add:  http://<ip or host name>:8080/dcm4chee-arc/ui2 but the webpage show no respone
I have already created dcm4che client like in the picture. Is there anything wrong
Thank you
Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 15.49.21.png

dr duc

Feb 5, 2020, 4:03:35 AM2/5/20
to dcm4che
One more thing. when I access https://<ip>:9993/console/index.html, it show me the blank page. How can I resolve it.
Many thanks

Kirill K

Feb 6, 2020, 12:54:54 AM2/6/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Since you have shown keycloack page, that means that you use secured version, so your base url is https://<ip or host name>:8443/dcm4chee-arc/ui2
Also i noticed that you use ip address instead of dns name with secured version, that is probably will not work.
Also note, that i have not updated my instruction since 5.16.2, maybe something has changed about how things works.

ср, 5 февр. 2020 г. в 12:03, dr duc <phd.d...@gmail.com>:
One more thing. when I access https://<ip>:9993/console/index.html, it show me the blank page. How can I resolve it.
Many thanks

dr duc

Feb 25, 2020, 2:06:36 AM2/25/20
to dcm4che
Hi Kirill K
I will run dcm4chee on docker (which install in my synology nas. My nas ip is 192.168.1.76)
So i wonder that <docker host> in docker-compose.env file is 192.168.1.76 or not
ARCHIVE_HOST=<docker-host>
STORAGE_DIR=/storage/fs1
POSTGRES_DB=pacsdb
POSTGRES_USER=pacs
POSTGRES_PASSWORD=pacs
AUTH_SERVER_URL=https://<docker-host>:8843/auth
One more: In your instruction file, you said: "For secure variants ensure that there is a hostname entry in your DNS server for the Synology host!". Could you please explain me?

Kirill K

Feb 25, 2020, 2:13:36 AM2/25/20
to dcm4che
You, or someone else, need to add a record to your DNS server, wich will resolve your synology nas name into an ip address.
Like "mynas.yourcompany.local" --> 192.168.1.76
"docker-host" uses that name, but not resolves it.