Issue with deploying Weasis web viewer to Tomcat

Robby Otts

Jan 25, 2013, 12:33:56 PM1/25/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I'm attempting to deploy the Weasis .war file to Tomcat6.  I'm attempting to read the data from our Conquest server running on a Windows server.

Through the app manager I was able to deploy the .war file but nothing appears to happen when browsing to the /weasis context.  Getting a 404 Error

FYI, I'm running Tomcat running on a linux VM.   I see that the error below is looking for c:\weasis (obviously Windows)

Any suggestions on what I need to do to
this was in the catalina.out  log file

java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\weasis (No such file or directory)
        at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.copyInternal(ManagerServlet.java:1646)
        at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.copy(ManagerServlet.java:1607)
        at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.deploy(ManagerServlet.java:819)
        at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.deployInternal(HTMLManagerServlet.java:285)
        at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doGet(HTMLManagerServlet.java:118)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:558)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
        at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:190)
        at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:291)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:769)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:698)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:891)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:690)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

nicolas...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2013, 10:29:24 AM1/26/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I don't think it is necessary to rebuild Weasis in your case (except if you want to modify default properties), You can simply download it from sourceforge.

However, to get images from Conquest you need to install weasis-pacs-connector and configure it, see the end of this page. This connector should obtain the image references and start the viewer.

I do not understand how do you get "c:\weasis" because I'm sure the viewer or the connector doesn't contain such reference type. Look at the Conquest forum if the issue is related to the Conquest installation.

Robby Otts

Jan 27, 2013, 7:27:54 PM1/27/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nicolas!

I'm going to try and redeploy this to a JBOSS virtual server.

Here is my setup:

Conquest is running on a Windows 2008 server.  I'm running a JBOSS virtual machine in VMware player on this server.  The users want a web interface to be able to pull images out of the Conquest server.

I'm trying to get a better understanding of what all I need to do.  Is "ALL" I need is the weasis-pacs-connector.war deployed to my JBOSS server to get the images I need or do I also need to deploy the weasis.war?  Would I also need to edit the following file from this link:

to connect to my Conquest server?

Thanks so much for your assistance Nicolas.......

Robby

nicolas...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2013, 2:18:52 AM1/28/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you need both and optionally weasis-i18n.war for having other languages.

You also will need to edit weasis-connector.properties and change at least PACS information (AET, port...). This file must be placed a classpath directory of JBoss. You can follow the instructions here (For dcm4chee-web3) except jmx-console part.

Robby Otts

Jan 29, 2013, 1:16:34 PM1/29/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Nicolas,

Would it be possible for me to contact you offline, still thru email if you like?  I'm in some desparate need of some assistance to get a client up and running as soon as possible.

I'm not grasping the understanding of deploying/installing the web viewer.

Let me know your thoughts please.

Thanks,

Robby

nicolas...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2013, 2:07:54 AM1/30/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I don't give particular assistance, but I'm confident we could help you if you describes the problems you encounter and you attach the errors in log files ... and this help could be useful for others.

Robby Otts

Jan 31, 2013, 10:41:21 PM1/31/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
OK...so here is where I stand.

I'm running the Bitnami JBOSS virutal appliance....it's running JBOSS 7.1

I have deployed the following:

weasis.war
dcm4chee-web-weasis.jar
weasis-pacs-connector.war

Edited weasis-connector.properties and placed in /opt/bitnami/jboss/conf

pacs.aet=DCM4CHEE      <------- Not sure what to change this to if I need to
pacs.host=OASERVER1  <-------- This is the Windows server where my Conquest server is running
pacs.port=5678                <-------- TCPPort for Conquest server

Also copied the weasis-jnlp.xml file to /opt/bitnami/jboss/conf

...for sanity sake restarted JBOSS

I assume I should be able to browse to http:<server>:/dcm4chee-web3/  ?
I tried port 8080 and port 8089
I'm getting a 404 on both.

Thanks again for any assistance!

Robby

nicolas...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2013, 3:25:40 AM2/1/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

If you have installed weasis-pacs-connector.war, there two servlets: one for running the viewer

And the other for getting the xml file:

Just adapt the base URL according to the JBoss web port and the IDs to some images in your PACS. Let me know what do you get, which errors in log files.

Robby Otts

Feb 1, 2013, 7:57:30 AM2/1/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
There is nothing listening on port 8080. and when I attempt to browse to any of the links below I still get a HTTP-404.  I don't see anything being logged to jboss.out or server.log, althought I am seeing these being logged:

05:41:35,645 ERROR [org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpMessage] (ajp--0.0.0.0-8009-11) Invalid message received with signature 18245
05:41:35,646 ERROR [org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpMessage] (ajp--0.0.0.0-8009-12) Invalid message received with signature 18245
05:41:35,647 ERROR [org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpMessage] (ajp--0.0.0.0-8009-12) Invalid message received with signature 18245
05:41:40,120 ERROR [org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpMessage] (ajp--0.0.0.0-8009-12) Invalid message received with signature 18245

Is there another configuration I have missed after deploying the .war fles?

Can you briefly explain what you mean by "Just adapt the base URL according to the JBoss web port and the IDs to some images in your PACS"?

I apologize for being a pain in the butt...I'm just very anxious to get this up and running.

Many thanks!

Robby

nicolas...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2013, 8:21:06 AM2/1/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
You need to know the http port of JBoss. If it JBoss 7, you should find it in configuration/standalone.xml (<socket-binding name="http" port="8087"/>).

Robby Otts

Feb 1, 2013, 8:40:45 AM2/1/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
So, I assume this means it's listening on port 80?

 <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:web:1.1" default-virtual-server="default-host" native="false">
            <connector name="ajp" protocol="AJP/1.3" scheme="http" socket-binding="ajp"/>
            <connector name="http" protocol="HTTP/1.1" scheme="http" socket-binding="http"/>
            <virtual-server name="default-host" enable-welcome-root="true">
                <alias name="localhost"/>
                <alias name="example.com"/>
            </virtual-server>
        </subsystem>

nicolas...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2013, 8:52:35 AM2/1/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Your reply does not match with <socket-binding name="http" port="xxxx"/>

If I look to bitnami readme, the default configuration of http is 8080 and the console is 9990.

Robby Otts

Feb 1, 2013, 1:22:10 PM2/1/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I searched further and I think I found it in standalone-ha.xml

 <socket-binding name="http" port="8080"/>
 <socket-binding name="https" port="8443"/>

I went to my httpd.conf in Apache and have listening to 8080 and still NOTHING.....very frustrating
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

nicolas...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2013, 5:41:33 AM2/2/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
If you running Bitnami VM of JBoss, you should only access to JBoss Web Console (on port 9990) and deploy the three .war files through the UI. There is nothing else to do.

However, you may need to configure the network of the VM and/or the host system to be accessible on your network. If you don't feel comfortable with those stuffs, ask for help but those questions are not suitable for this forum.

Robby Otts

Feb 3, 2013, 6:14:06 PM2/3/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I was under the assumption that I could use Weasis only to connect to my remote Conquest PACS server.  It doesn't look like that is the case.  I'm going to go thru the full installation of dcm4chee and install JBOSS 4.23 GA and then continue on to install the web piece to see if I can get it up and running.

I'm hoping this will will still work.

THanks,

Robby

Robby Otts

Feb 6, 2013, 11:04:56 AM2/6/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
OK, I have it all up and running.

I have edited the weasis-connector.properties file in my /conf folder by updating the following:

pacs.aet=CONQUESTSRV1
pacs.host=192.168.16.6
pacs.port=5678

Are there any ohter properties that need to be updated to access my remote PACS server?

Thanks!