Dcm4chee arc5.24 notifications external

Johnson F

Oct 14, 2021, 6:16:31 PM10/14/21
to dcm4che

Dear Grunter,

I am trying to accomplish to setup received hl7 study notification from dcm4chee to mirth tcp-mllp connection.

If I go through your documentation and setup device-> hl7 forward then I am receiving hl7 order which was sent to dcm4chee. But other notifications received from modalities to dcm4chee are not being forwarded.

Also I checked https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/wiki/Requested-Procedures link, fields what you mentioned are missing in dcm4chee arch5.24.2 ui setting page.

Please advise.

Johnson F

Oct 15, 2021, 11:21:56 AM10/15/21
to dcm4che
Any suggestions?

Vrinda Nayak

Oct 15, 2021, 2:00:56 PM10/15/21
to dcm4che
Please share your configuration. Archive can send out HL7 Procedure Update messages on receive of studies or on receive of MPPS. What exactly is your use case / requirement?

Johnson F

Oct 15, 2021, 5:22:08 PM10/15/21
to dcm4che
Hi Vrinda,

Thank you for your reply.

As of now I need on receipt of MPPS. Could you please advise?

Johnson F

Oct 17, 2021, 4:52:39 AM10/17/21
to dcm4che
Any updates?

Vrinda Nayak

Oct 18, 2021, 4:12:06 AM10/18/21
to dcm4che

Johnson F

Oct 18, 2021, 5:27:22 AM10/18/21
to dcm4che
These settings what you mentioned in document is not available in arch 5.24.2

Using Archive UI
  1. Go to Menu->Configuration, then on Devices page, Edit the dcm4chee-arcdevice.Go to Extensions and Edit extension of Device Extension. Again go to its Extensions and Edit extension of Archive Device.

  2. Enter values in fields HL7 Procedure Status Update Task Polling Interval, HL7 Procedure Status Update Tasks Fetch Size, HL7 Procedure Status Update Sending Application and HL7 Procedure Status Update Receiving Application as shown below.

  3. As explained above, if one wants this synchronization to be done on :

    a. MPPS trigger : Set values for fields HL7 Procedure Status Update Timeout and HL7 Procedure Status Update On Timeout.

    b. Study Receive trigger : Set value for field HL7 Procedure Status Update Delay

Vrinda Nayak

Oct 18, 2021, 11:06:59 AM10/18/21
to dcm4che
Are you really looking for these fields in Archive Device Extension attributes? See attached screenshots
Screenshot_20211018_170411.png
Screenshot_20211018_170453.png
Screenshot_20211018_170328.png

R. Johnson F.

Oct 18, 2021, 11:48:34 AM10/18/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Let me try checking each extension again… will update you soon.

Johnson F

Oct 19, 2021, 3:49:30 AM10/19/21
to dcm4che
Well i did tried, only completed studies i am receiving. i am not receiving started or in-progress... please advise

Johnson F

Oct 20, 2021, 4:22:51 AM10/20/21
to dcm4che
With my configuration, I can see MPPS received on UI but DCM4chee arc is not sending to Hl7 receiver which is Mirth.... i received only below msg towards completion of study.. there is not inprogress / started message

MSH|^~\&|*||HL7-MIRTH|DCM4CHEE-ARCHv5.24.2|20211019083906.892||OMG^O19^OMG_O19|1233333|P|2.5||||||8859/1|||
ORC|SC|EDF2D3F1|EDF2D3F1||CM
TQ1|||||||20211019083743.035||
OBR||EDF2D3F1|EDF2D3F1|||||||||||||||EDF2D3F1|EDF2D3F1|||||||||||||||||||||||||

Johnson F

Oct 20, 2021, 7:45:16 AM10/20/21
to dcm4che
Hello Vrinda,

still i am not receiving notifications in mirth. for e.g.

MPPS Received and Updated in UI:
Performed Procedure Step Start Date(0040,0244)DA20211020
Performed Procedure Step Start Time(0040,0245)TM144035
Performed Procedure Step End Date(0040,0250)DA
Performed Procedure Step End Time(0040,0251)TM
Performed Procedure Step Status(0040,0252)CSIN PROGRESS
Performed Procedure Step ID(0040,0253)SH2
Performed Procedure Step Description(0040,0254)LOTEST US
Performed Procedure Type Description(0040,0255)LO
Performed Protocol Code Sequence(0040,0260)SQ1 Item(s)

Above details i should be receiving in mirth. but its not receiving.

Vrinda Nayak

Oct 20, 2021, 8:15:21 AM10/20/21
to dcm4che
The HL7 Procedure Status Update message sent out from archive was developed to support EYECARE-22Procedure Status Update on study received or on MPPS trigger (when MPPS is COMPLETED or DISCONTINUED) - See https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/issues/500. Hence ORC-1 always contains SC and ORC-5 contains CM (for study received trigger or MPPS COMPLETED) / DC (when MPPS is DISCONTINUED)
Archive can also be configured to forward the MPPS messages it receives to other destinations capable of receiving MPPS messages. See Forwarding of MPPS N-CREATE and N-SET messages wiki.

Johnson F

Oct 21, 2021, 2:42:03 AM10/21/21
to dcm4che
Hellow Vrinda/Gunter,

Looks like then MPPS2ORM is deprecated in newer version of DCM4CHEE Arc 5.24, if so why?

Dcm4chee 2.x was doing great job as mentioned below (Why below process/feature is missing in DCM4Chee Arc 5.24) :-
MPPSEmulator and MPPS2ORM
Created by Arnold Maderthaner
Last updated: Jan 12, 2011Version comment

Here a short description how to configure MPPSEmulator in combination with MPPS2ORM:

MPPS Emulator is configured the following way:

1.) MPPSEmulator Service:
ModalityAETitles = MOD_AET:3m
PollInterval = 5m
CalledAETitle = DCM4CHEE (AET of archive)
This will send a MPPS to the AET DCM4CHEE (which is the archive AET) if the calling AET is MOD_AET after 5 minute. You can reduce the intervals for testing to 10 sec.

2.) MPPS2ORM Service:
Enabled = true
IgnoreUnscheduled = false
IgnoreInProgress = true
ReceivingApplication = RIS
ReceivingFacility = RIS

3) Add AET with AETitle = RIS^RIS and host/port configuration of RIS HL7 Server
4) HL7Send:
ForwardingRules =

[receiving=RIS^RIS]RIS^RIS

This should be all you have to do for MPPS emulation on the archive and send a HL7 ORM message after getting the MPPS.

Johnson F

Oct 21, 2021, 7:28:59 AM10/21/21
to dcm4che
Any Advise?