Lossy and Lossless versions of the same study, best approach?

simonmd

May 10, 2013, 4:12:01 PM5/10/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Supposing a radiologist wants to read routinely from lossy compressed images, but on occasion he/she may need to access the lossless version of the file (for validation/research purposes). What would be the best approach for this?

I know I can store directly upon image arrival as lossy or lossless using StoreSCP, and that I can asynchronously compress stored studies using the Compression service. But I'm not sure how to best make the two versions of the study available for Query/Retrieve say, from Osirix.

Has anyone had the same use case? Is there any functionality in dcm4chee that I'm overlooking that may help with this?

Thanks for any comments..
Simon

Arnold Maderthaner

May 13, 2013, 9:55:20 AM5/13/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
never tried it but to start you would need to setup the LOSSY filesytem so that every images gets copied to that filesystem and setup the LossyCompression Service accordingly. The interessting thing will be if dcm4chee will over the lossy version afterwards via c-move.

Andrew T

Feb 25, 2014, 2:37:07 PM2/25/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Have you found a solution? I'm attempting the same thing, to keep a lossless and lossy version on the database.

AT

ju...@theearth.net

Jun 27, 2015, 5:25:42 PM6/27/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com