DICOM Gateway

Max White

Oct 16, 2013, 6:59:04 PM10/16/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

Please, anyone know/recommends any DICOM Gateway to perform routing of local studies to another remote PACS with compression/transfer syntax ?

Tks in advanced.

Suresh Viswanathan

Oct 16, 2013, 10:45:33 PM10/16/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Are you looking for a commercial or open source solution?

Suresh.

Sent from my iPhone

ime

Oct 17, 2013, 4:15:12 AM10/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

we are using dcmrelay for that purpose.
We make linux router with Alix board and configured dcmrelay.

dcmrelay is very good, it can receive images from any modality or dicom servers, and than automatically send images to remote destination.

you can download from here:
http://dcmrelay.sourceforge.net/

regards

Max White

Oct 17, 2013, 9:14:23 AM10/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Whatever Suresh.

Tks.

Max White

Oct 17, 2013, 9:15:39 AM10/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Tks a lot.

i will test this solution.

Alvaro [Andor]

Oct 17, 2013, 9:49:24 AM10/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Max,

I feel like dcmrelay is a bit of an abandoned/unmantained project, also
tested with quite old OS versions and kernels, so I wouldn't use it.

Anyway, if that's your only needs (routing and compression) you can
fulfill that using dcm4chee compression and forward2 services.

Also, you could try any of this projects, which I know some of the
authors, but I haven't tested, so I can't talk about their performance
or stability:

Open source:

dcm4chee-proxy --> https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-proxy

Closed but free:

DICOMatorX (OS X) -->

n.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93&Itemid=159&lang=en

Closed and paid:

HydraDICOM --> http://hydradicom.com/en/
RamSoft Gateway DICOM -->
http://www.ramsoft.com/products/gateway-dicom-products/
DCMSYS Rapid DICOM Router -->
http://www.dcmsys.com/tiki-index.php?page=Rapid+DICOM+Router

I think you could even deploy one with Mirth, but I still haven't done
it.

--
Alvaro "Andor" Gonzalez
an...@pierdelacabeza.com

Aaron Boxer

Oct 17, 2013, 2:00:48 PM10/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alvaro,

Open source:

dcm4chee-proxy --> https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-proxy

I'm not sure if this is released yet....but I would be curious to hear of someone's experience with it.

I think you could even deploy one with Mirth, but I still haven't done it.

I would avoid Mirth because they convert back and forth from DICOM to XML, so it will
be incredibly slow. And resource intensive

Max White

Oct 17, 2013, 2:08:36 PM10/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alvaro

Tks for your answer. Do you know any dicom gateway to windows environment and free?

Iuliu Pascaru

Oct 17, 2013, 4:08:15 PM10/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Max,

If you're interested in commercial solutions too, then I'd recommend to have a look at DCMSYS Router.
The website is: http://www.dcmsys.com/
And you can schedule a demo by clicking the "Schedule a demo" button on the top of the front page.

Regards,
Iuliu

Alvaro G. [Andor]

Oct 18, 2013, 5:51:14 AM10/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

On 17/10/13 20:00, Aaron Boxer wrote:

Open source:

dcm4chee-proxy --> https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-proxy

I'm not sure if this is released yet....but I would be curious to hear of someone's experience with it.

I haven't tried it either, and i would also be curious to know all its features, seems like it's still short on docs :D

Alvaro G. [Andor]

Oct 18, 2013, 5:53:40 AM10/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Max,

Not that I know, unless you want to route with DCM4CHEE, which will run
under Windows. In that case, you'll need a 32bit JDK, if you want to use
compression.

ime

Oct 18, 2013, 9:25:16 AM10/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
for windows environment you can use conquest dicom server, it has dicom routing possibilities.

or you can use dcm4chee on windows, just make forwarding rules..

Max White

Oct 20, 2013, 6:20:15 PM10/20/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Tks Alvaro.