Does anyone know an accessible program to open up, extract, or otherwise view DICOMDIR files

Joey

May 14, 2019, 5:38:29 AM5/14/19
to dcm4che

The title says it all:

Does anyone know an accessible program to open up, extract, or otherwise view DICOMDIR files

I believe this may become a helpful thread.

Thank you

Joey

May 14, 2019, 10:56:18 AM5/14/19
to dcm4che
Do these files contain actual image data, or is it just text?

Chris Hafey

May 14, 2019, 11:30:54 AM5/14/19
to dcm4che
DICOMDIR does not contain images, just text (summary metadata).  You can view the contents of the DICOMDIR by dragging it into this tool:

Kirill K

May 15, 2019, 2:33:20 AM5/15/19
to dcm4che
I use IQ-DICOMTEST for that. It is proprietary (but free) and ancient, still i find it very usefull for various dicom testing.
https://www.image-systems.biz/products/free-dicom-pacs-tools/iq-dicomtest/

Joey

May 15, 2019, 5:59:50 AM5/15/19
to dcm4che
Thank you Chris!
I didn't know your web tool could parse DICOMDIR files, but I know little about DICOMDIR.

PS I love your work!

Joey

May 15, 2019, 6:09:59 AM5/15/19
to dcm4che
Thank you! I'll give it a try if I manage to register.