Oviyam2 to query OsiriX without DCM4CHEE

Jesse Wakley

May 13, 2015, 3:49:05 PM5/13/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I installed Tomcat.  Deployed the .war files for Oviyam2 and iOviyam2.  They show up on my localhost:8080/oviyam URL, but I cannot query my OsiriX PACS.  In placed these .jar files in /Libryar/Tomcat/lib folder as instructed in the readme.txt file in the download:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/tp6xmlxx26h1bfz/Screenshot%202015-05-13%2013.46.58.png?dl=0

So, my question is if there is something fancier I need to do in order to get the Tomcat running version of Oviyam to communicate DICOM queries with OsiriX.

I installed a version within DCM4CHEE and that one works, but I actually don't want to have to use DCM4CHEE for my current testing and purposes; rather, I would prefer to just run it as a webapp via Tomcat alone.

Is this possible, or did I miss some obvious statement somewhere?  Thanks in advance.

Devishree.V

May 14, 2015, 12:10:08 AM5/14/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

 Hi,
    Please share a screenshot of Oviyam2. We have tested Osirix-Oviyam2 in Tomcat and its working.

Jesse Wakley

May 14, 2015, 11:28:51 AM5/14/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Here is a video link.  it is just barely over three minutes, but shows the setup and issues in good detail I think.  Thanks

Video Link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/qdgytzz2d0tp0hj/Oviyam_Tomcat_BUG.mp4?dl=0

Devishree.V

May 15, 2015, 6:26:26 AM5/15/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

 Hi,

 Thanks for the video link. Oviyam2 needs some upgrading process to completely support Apache Tomcat 8. Please use Tomcat 7.

 Please add the role "admin" (not only the user) to have the servers tab in settings screen.

 Ex:

  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="admin"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
  <user username="admin" password="admin" roles="admin"/>

Jesse Wakley

May 15, 2015, 5:03:33 PM5/15/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your reply.  I hope this will be my last follow-up question for you.

What you suggested worked very nicely.  However, I do have one small issue still with the iOviyam2.  I have no issues with the oviyam2, just iOviam2 as illustrated in this 2 minutes video:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmzqmpxzbv9yhlu/iOviyamAlmostWorking.mp4?dl=0

Thanks!

Prasath Ayyannan

May 16, 2015, 12:27:28 AM5/16/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,
 iOviyam2 only support on  JBoss server environment, this issue will be solved in future release

Stephen Scotti

Jul 10, 2016, 7:04:47 AM7/10/16
to dcm4che
Don't know if anyone will get this.  I have set up Oviyam on a Mac running Tomcat 9.  Seems to be working and I get the servers screen.  I have it configured I believe to connect to OSIRIX and the ping work, but when I search nothing happens.

When I look at the network log in the browser I see a 500 error from queryResult.jsp ?

/sds

Stephen Scotti

Jul 10, 2016, 7:16:52 AM7/10/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Here is the stack trace.  I am using Tomcat 9.  I'm not sure if my CLASSPATH is set up correctly.

10-Jul-2016 06:05:26.439 SEVERE [http-nio-8090-exec-13] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke Servlet.service() for servlet [jsp] in context with path [/oviyam2] threw exception [10-Jul-2016 06:05:26.439 SEVERE [http-nio-8090-exec-13] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke Servlet.service() for servlet [jsp] in context with path [/oviyam2] threw exception [Invalid tld file: "/WEB-INF/tags/PatientInfo.tld", see JSP specification section 7.3.1 for more details] with root cause
 org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Invalid tld file: "/WEB-INF/tags/PatientInfo.tld", see JSP specification section 7.3.1 for more details
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:55)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:293)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:80)

Stephen Scotti

Jul 10, 2016, 11:24:47 AM7/10/16
to dcm4che
Figured it out.  Must be an issue with newer version of Tomcat:

/sds