Receive studies as zip files and forward to cloud

Paolo Marcheschi

Oct 29, 2019, 5:37:01 AM10/29/19
to dcm4che
Hi
I'm trying to create a script to receive studies from dcm4chee 2.x  zip them and forward to a cloud provider.

The only ready tool that I know that permits to invoke a script at the end of a study is storescp from dcmtk.
But I cannot use it because dcm4chee  is starting multiple associations on the same port.
In dcmtk is only supported if storescp is started in "fork mode", that is incompatible with  the --exec-on-eostudy command.

error: --exec-on-eostudy not allowed with --fork

Maybe I have to act on the dcm4chee server side, I tried but with no luck.

Do you know some other way or tool to achieve this or to configure in dcm4chee an AE title with single association?

Thank you
Best regards
Paolo

fleetwoodfc

Oct 29, 2019, 10:42:45 AM10/29/19
to dcm4che
dcm4chee-2.18.x can do this as described here: Using Amazon S3 for NEARLINE storage
This article is older but the feature was implemented in 2.18.x by the CloudHSMModule.

Paolo Marcheschi

Oct 30, 2019, 4:23:18 AM10/30/19
to dcm4che
Hi
Thank you
I do not have an S3 service, do you think it is possible to have a copy and retrieve shell scripts, in order to execute the filecopy and tar retriever services in a more independent manner?
However I figure out how to solve the problem, I use two shell process, one dcm4che dcmrcv command to receive studies and another async process to send to cloud using
rclone software, this solution lacks the possibility to automatically retrieve data from the web interface, but is a good solution for disaster recovery use.
Thank you
Paolo

fleetwoodfc

Oct 30, 2019, 6:57:59 AM10/30/19
to dcm4che

Take a look at the DCM4CHEE "Command based HSM Module for File Copy Service" (type=Command)

Paolo Marcheschi

Oct 30, 2019, 7:52:33 AM10/30/19
to dcm4che
Yes I missed that !