How to copy studies from an Online store to a Nearline with dcm4chee 2.17

Ramses Martinez Muñoz

Jan 28, 2019, 5:18:18 PM1/28/19
to dcm4che
Good afternoon.

I have installed a Dcm4chee server with version 2.17.psql under the operating system debian 7, and I have the following problem.

My current server and I'm going to call it Server A, it only has 160 GB capacity and I can not put more storage, but I have a Server B (which is a conventional PC) that connected via NFS through a network and I take advantage of the capacity of it to store studies.

Now, but I would like to take advantage of the main store located on Server A, the 160 GB. This is where my question comes and at the same time my question:

By configuration the Dcm4chee has 3 types of Warehouse: Online, Nearline and Offline.

I want to configure my application in such a way that in my Server A is the Online Warehouse and those of my Server B are the Nearline stores and thus I take advantage of the characteristics of Server A that surpass that of Server B.

I would store in the Server A studies for a 5 to 10 day intervals and at the end of that time they would automatically go to Server B where the Nearline stores are located and that is where this is a big problem and with this my questions are focused:

1- Is it possible to copy the studies from Server A to Server B?
2- Is it possible to delete the studies from Server A, once they are copied to Server B?
3- Is it possible to access those studies located in Server B, taking into account that it would be located in the Nearline Warehouse?
4- That Service of the dcm4chee would be recommendable for this type of configuration: Filemove, Filecopy, DeleteStudy or Other.

If some of you have implemented this type of solution or something similar, I would appreciate a guide to be able to apply it to my problem.

Best regards.
Ramses

Prakash Jayaraman

Jan 28, 2019, 10:19:20 PM1/28/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
1. You have to configure the nearline filesystem as a destination file system for the file copy service in jmx-console. For this you may need to mount server B's filesystem in server A. Once you enabled this service, only the studies being received after this configuration will be copied in to server B. To copy existing older studies, you have to use filecopybyquery service.

2. Setup study deletion rules for online filesystem to delete the studies that have been copied in to nearline and met the retention period.

Refer the below dcm4che's wiki page for details.

Prakash.

Prakash Jayaraman

Jan 29, 2019, 1:01:04 AM1/29/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
3- Is it possible to access those studies located in Server B, taking into account that it would be located in the Nearline Warehouse?

Server B's mount point has to be added as a nearline system in dcm4chee before enabling filecopy and deletion services. Once the files are copied in to nearline, filecopy service will update the new file path in server A, so that the files will be accessed from the new filepath.