dcm4chee with arrdb and pacsdb on different databases

cmo...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2013, 11:01:07 AM4/2/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello -
Is it possible to run dcm4chee with arrdb on one type of database server (MySQL) and pacsdb on a different type (SQL Server)?  (I'm guessing the answer is no.)  If it is possible, how would I do so?

The issue is that we're running into a space crunch - we're using a shared database server (maintained by others) for which the size limit on the database is 10 GB, and we're running into that limit for the arrdb database, but not for pacsdb.  We'll hopefully be getting our own server, but that's probably a year or two away.

In the meantime, we need to (at minimum) move arrdb.  The stopgap is to move it to MySQL, which we'd then have to maintain ourselves.  We'd prefer not to move pacsdb if we don't have to since the eventual server would also be SQL Server, so we'd like to avoid having to convert back and forth if we can, plus that way we don't have to maintain it.

In a related question, any advice on migrating the dcm4chee databases from SQL Server to MySQL?  Is it better to create the tables using the dcm4chee SQL scripts and just try to migrate the data or to use the MySQL-supplied migration tools to translate the tables?

Thank you!

Alvaro G. [Andor]

Apr 2, 2013, 1:22:05 PM4/2/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I don't really know if you can mix a MSSQL Server dcm4chee with a MySQL
arr, but, I may give two hints in case you cannot do it:

1.- AFAIK arr can be installed on a standalone fashion, so you may try
to install a MySQL arr on a different instance, just to deal with logging.
2.- AFAIK (too many AFAIKs in here), MSSQL Server allows database
compression. You might try to create a new compressed database for arr
and migrate there, or maybe, compress the current tables.

Good luck and keep us informed...

Bye
El 02/04/13 17:01, cmo...@gmail.com escribi�: