weasis - How to implement new features?

Elena Michael

Sep 1, 2013, 1:04:56 PM9/1/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello..

I downloaded weasis open source and import it to eclipse according the steps from here.

I would like to start implementing functions to add new features to the viewer, like image cropping and analysis.
First, I would like to ask if it is possible.

My problem-question is that I make some small changes like to the source (for example, I changed the messages) to see that it works but when I run the program I don't see any differences..

Could anyone tell/ suggest me where is the correct place to start writing code and how can I see the changes?

nicolas...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2013, 5:13:41 AM9/2/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
It is necessary to run Maven install when a project has been modified (not all projects but at least those containing modifications), because with this configuration of run/debug in Eclipse, the binaries in the local maven repository will be used.

Could you give more information about what you want to add.

Elena Michael

Sep 2, 2013, 9:40:39 AM9/2/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I would like to add the function when somebody select an area with the rectangle, to be able to save/export that area and have the choice to analyze this area.. For example, to see the histogram for that area.

nicolas...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2013, 11:09:36 AM9/2/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

With the measurement tools (closed area), you can get the statistical values (Min, Max, Mean, StDev, Skewness, Kurtosis)  that characterize the histogram.

We use an histogram on the image, but only for testing purpose.

Elena M.

Sep 3, 2013, 1:04:39 AM9/3/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information!

The histogram was an example!

So, is it possible for someone to implement new features in weasis source code?

Also, how can I execute the new code and replace it with the weasis that is connected with the dcm4chee?(http://www.dcm4che.org/confluence/display/WEA/Installing+Weasis+in+DCM4CHEE)

I tried to create a new war file for weasis and replace it with the other file but it didn't work..

nicolas...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2013, 2:12:36 PM9/5/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, September 3, 2013 7:04:39 AM UTC+2, Elena M. wrote:
Thanks for the information!

The histogram was an example!

So, is it possible for someone to implement new features in weasis source code?

Yes, but I recommend to build external plugins for specific features. In the master branch of Weasis 2.0, there are Maven archetypes to build automatically the skeleton of a plugin (still have to add new ones and the documentation). The current available archetypes allow to build toolbars or tools (panel on the right side) for the DICOM viewer.

Also, how can I execute the new code and replace it with the weasis that is connected with the dcm4chee?(http://www.dcm4che.org/confluence/display/WEA/Installing+Weasis+in+DCM4CHEE)

I tried to create a new war file for weasis and replace it with the other file but it didn't work..

Could you provide more informations (logs), it will help to give you a better answer.