Using dcmqr in a web application

Shawn

Feb 26, 2014, 12:59:56 PM2/26/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

We've been using the dcm4che toolkit, mainly dcmqr, in a clinical web application that we are currently developing.  Basically, users are able to create customized reports and include image studies from our clinical PACS system.  We are going to through the API of dcm4che to pull lists of studies, series, retrieve images, etc, and everything's been going great up to this point.  The problem that we just ran into is that if more than one user is using a function that requires a call to PACS, we get a jvm address bind exception because multiple dcmqr instances are started.  We've momentarily patched the problem by making all methods that use dcmqr synchronized , but I can't imagine this being a long term solution when the userbase expands.  We've also tried having just one instance of dcmqr always initialized and started, but this didn't quite work either because of the different matching parameters that are being passed through it when requests are made at the same time.  Has anyone encountered a similar issue to this or know of a better approach to this than the synchronized methods?

Thanks,
Shawn.

Nicolas Feneyrol

May 12, 2014, 4:37:20 PM5/12/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shawn, have you figured out a better way?