PICOM

Michael Rosenberg

Jun 2, 2016, 8:54:47 AM6/2/16
to dcm4che
Does anyone know if dcm4che can handle PICOM? Lots of new modalities are using PICOM because it allows more advanced 3d mapping.

Alvaro G. [Andor]

Jun 2, 2016, 2:48:30 PM6/2/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
What's that PICOM?

I've seen a PACS called PICOM, but right now I can't remember any PICOM format...

Regards.

On 06/02/2016 02:54 PM, Michael Rosenberg wrote:
Does anyone know if dcm4che can handle PICOM? Lots of new modalities are using PICOM because it allows more advanced 3d mapping.

Michael Rosenberg

Jun 2, 2016, 8:03:12 PM6/2/16
to dcm4che
Some breast MRI and EKG are in PICOM.
Most enterprise PACS handle PICOM

Chico Venancio

Jun 2, 2016, 8:08:40 PM6/2/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
What would PICOM stand for?

Chico Venancio

Dr Suresh Viswanathan

Jun 2, 2016, 8:45:26 PM6/2/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
What is PICOM? I’ve never heard of a medical file format called PICOM nor do I know of any modality that generates it. An online search doesn’t bring anything up either. Please substantiate your query with more details and links.

Suresh

On 02-Jun-2016, at 2:54 PM, Michael Rosenberg <mrose...@medicom.us> wrote:

Does anyone know if dcm4che can handle PICOM? Lots of new modalities are using PICOM because it allows more advanced 3d mapping.

fleetwoodfc

Jun 3, 2016, 6:32:41 AM6/3/16
to dcm4che
Do you mean DICOM (or what does the 'P' stand for in PICOM)?

Dimitri Pianeta

Jun 6, 2016, 4:58:29 AM6/6/16
to dcm4che
The framework dcm4che2 and dcm4che3 use that DICOM 3.0.
DICOM3.0 is standard medical image with also modality US, MR, EKG and so on (I call TAG (group, element)).
A Tag is metadata that is form    TAG + VR + VM + values.
The standard DICOM is link http://dicom.nema.org/standard.html .
He can read part 3 of this standard that call metadata.

In finally, the framework dcm4che 2 and dcm4che3 following the standard DICOM 3.0 with possible moditify metadata, read metadata, display image dicom.

Docjay

Jul 11, 2016, 12:12:57 PM7/11/16
to dcm4che
PICOM is the devil.  LOL - its by a company named SCI Image, pretty much propriety dicom.