JRE Fatal Error/Segfault with Ubuntu 12.04

Tim

Aug 23, 2013, 1:16:20 PM8/23/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

I'm having some issues with dcm4chee 2.17.2 suddenly segfaulting.  I've just installed it and it's quite unstable.

There's nothing in the server log from when it crashes, but it does output a java crash log.  I'm running on Ubuntu 12.04 and I've had the same problem with both the apt package of java-6-oracle and with the flexion.org java package.

Has anyone seen anything similar?  The crash log seems to point to a 'problematic frame' in libjvm.so.  I did a similar install about a year ago and had an awesomely stable install (but maybe the java version was slightly different.

The start of the java crash log is below, but I've attached the full log as well.   Does anyone have any ideas?  At present I'm just using the server to receive & store DICOM RDSRs, so it's not like there's even any significant load on it, and it's not running any other significant processes or even anything that runs java.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Tim

#
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007ff6465eeadc, pid=26707, tid=140695556826880
#
# JRE version: 6.0_45-b06
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (20.45-b01 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# V  [libjvm.so+0x69eadc]  MarkSweep::restore_marks()+0x3c
#
#

hs_err_pid26707.log