Are monochrome images with BitsAllocated higher than 16 bits supported by DicomImageReader?

Daniel Beaudreau

Oct 3, 2019, 2:17:31 PM10/3/19
to dcm4che
I looked at the code and it seems like the answer is no, given that autowindowing code and lookup table code assumes data type of a short or byte.
But since I don't have any test data for this case, I just wanted to confirm that this is not supported by the read function?

Thanks,
Daniel

Gunter Zeilinger

Oct 4, 2019, 3:47:39 AM10/4/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Correct. Actually, I have not yet seen DICOM images with Bits Allocated > 16, only DICOM RT Dose objects with Bits Allocated = 32.

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.