N-DELETE with the Toolkit?

JayByrd721

Aug 5, 2014, 11:45:28 AM8/5/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am a PACS Admin with no development experience.  I use the dcm4che toolkit very often to help with moving studies around, converting JPG's, and have even performed full migrations with the tool.  It comes in handy very often and works incredibly well.

I was recently faced with a migration challenge to move daterange batches of studies at a time, verify each batch, then delete the batch of studies from the source PACS.

Deleting 20k studies (50 at a time manually) looks daunting for the 500k total studies that have to be migrated in this project.  I do not see a way to run batch N-DELETE commands with the toolkit.  Not even sure I understand the true purpose of that command.

So here I am, just lobbing this question out there for ideas/leads...

Thanks,
Jay

fleetwoodfc

Aug 5, 2014, 1:15:54 PM8/5/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
N-DELETE is not for this purpose.
Are you running on Linux ?
Search the forum for info on the 'twiddle' script.

JayByrd721

Aug 5, 2014, 1:20:41 PM8/5/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the lead.  Will do.  No, currently running Windows but will spin up a UNIX VM if needed.